• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member from Northern NY

JohnDoe1

Hey guys. I just bought a 1984 M1008 with an electrical issue. It had been converted to 12v by the previous owner, and is not charging. I can get it started if I charge the batteries first. Let the troubleshooting begin.

LanceRobson

Welcome to the crowd. You'll likely get a better response to your issue if you post the question over on the CUCV forum.

There is an active military vehicle club in the state. Their website is at Home

Lance

JohnDoe1

Thanks for the welcome messages. I'm going to do some troubleshooting myself this weekend before I ask for help. It's more fun this way (at least for a few hours - my attention span is short) and I really need to learn more about automotive electrical systems.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks