• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Join my North Texas Military Vehicle Collector Club PLEASE!!

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, time to put up or shut up. AND if you knew me, shutting up is literally impossible so I guess I gotta go with my idea of a military vehicle collector club in North Texas. http://www.steelsoldiers.com/conversations/76972-i-am-going-start-my-own-mv-club.html

I have just moved from Denver to Keller, Texas. I was a member of a great club in Colorado. We had a load of fun together and got a lot done in putting a good face on the MV collecting hobby.

THAT'S what I want to attempt to accomplish with this new club.

And you don't actually have to own an MV to join. You just want to see what the club and the hobby is all about, contact us and come on over.

If you DO own an MV and live in the DFW area, I WOULD LIKE TO PERSONALLY INVITE YOU TO COME ON OVER TO KELLER, FOR OUR MEETING.

I've decided on the second Friday of the month, starting in March on March 9th, 2012 to have club meetings at my place. Start time will be 7 pm and I will provide a place to meet. Bring a folding chair.

This will be the first meeting in March. I will gladly host all the meetings. My neighbor has also volunteered to host them occasionally as well. He has an M37 and M43 and two (soon to be three) WWII jeeps. As soon as we looked at this house and I saw his two trucks outside, I KNEW this was the neighborhood for us.

You can drop me a PM OR send me an email at : contact@militaryvehiclecollectorclub.com and I'll gladly send you directions to my place.

Oh, the club fees are $30 a year, payable withing sixty days of joining. I'm NOT trying to make any money. As a matter of fact I'm TRYING to set it up as a 501C3 or perhaps a 501C7 (club) but I want to research WHICH would allow us access to DRMO or Government Surplus auctions prior to the public getting this stuff. Texas disposes of a TON of stuff every year and we might as well 'avail' ourselves if at all possible.

Oh, and if ANY OF YOU GUYS know some rich person who wants to donate a location for club meetings for a tax write off (see the reason for being a 501C3), I'm all ears. OR if you know of some place ELSE more centrally located where we could meet, speak up. Hey, you don't ask, you don't get.

Plus I would also like to hook up with the Texas National Guard and offer to support any display they may want to add an older vehicle to. I've displayed my truck at a 150th anniversary Ball in Colorado a couple of years ago. I Love to support our troops, ESPECIALLY the National Guard.

So feel free to contact me via a PM here or contact@militaryvehiclecollectorclub.com and let's get this thing rolling.

jim

Last edited:

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will join.

I am in Dallas. 7PM in Keller on a certain Friday is possible because I work in Coppell.
I'll throw in for any advanced electronics help and I'm always good for regular electrical help. Plus done a lot of mods on the m35 and 5T.

Any one going to join that can patch with sheet metal tig-weld a few small holes in an M109 box? hahaha I don't use the stinkin truck because until the couple holes in the box are fixed (and coated with truck bed liner) I can't/won't install the air conditioners and other water-sensitive stuff. sucks.

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bring that M109 here to Oregon for a day or three OPCOM and we will fix her right up. Sheet metal is the fun and easy stuff.

Can we join your club from afar? Just pay dues and make comments and stuff?

Would hate to miss out on anything. :popcorn:

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OPCOM,

Let's talk to my next door neighbor. He know how. Having TIME to do it... he's probably as busy as you are.

BUT I'm with you.

See you on March 9th.

NOTE TO EVERYONE ELSE - MARCH 9th at my place in KELLER, Tx at 7:00 pm

If I have NOT sent you my address, PM me or send me an email at contact AT militaryvehiclecollectorclub.com OR mvcc AT wallew.org

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm actually open to suggestions as to WHEN the meetings could be held. I always figured that most family folks have their weekends tied up with family time.

But I'm retired and weekends, weekdays... they all look the same to me.

so I'm open to time frames

To anyone else who is interested. IF you want to drive your MV over, be my guest.

This Friday night, 7 pm

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The very first Military Vehicle Collector Club meeting went off GREAT.

Attending were:

Gary
Greg
Richard
Bryan
Don
Patrick
Wes (duh sorry Wes - who else did I get wrong?)

and me - jim

NOT TOO BAD for our first meeting.

I'd like to thank ALL the folks for taking time out of their day and coming to this club meeting.

I would like to REALLY thank Richard - who drove 80 miles one way to attend - he definitely won the 'distance furthest traveled' award...and he doesn't even own a MV - YET

We had one M1028, one M1009, one M1031 and one M35A2 (Bryans REALLY sweet Scyros rebuild sure is nice - same guys that rebuilt my MEP-003a) plus my M1028A2 and my M1009...

Sorry folks, no pictures for this meeting... it was dark as everyone was showing up... and then we got the meeting started and things progressed very well.

next month will be daylight savings time and it will be light an hour longer and I will get pictures of all the vehicles that folks drove over

THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR TAKING THE TIME.

this is truly going to be fun - they are great group of guys and I can't wait until we can make this club a family affair with wives and kids...

thx tons

and for anyone who is interested and wants to come out for our next meeting, it's going to be on April 13th, 2012 at my place in Keller.

If you have an interest in attending to see what we are doing, come on out.

Last edited:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
wes935,

I'm truly sorry Wes... don't know WHY I wanted to call you 'Ben'...
Arghhhh, Matey!!!.... Tie you to the exhaust stack and give you forty lashes with a charged jumper cable!!!

The Captain MUST know his crew and each of their names (That's why the Pirate Cap'n always had a nicknames for 'em - he couldn't remember who was who either.) :lol:rofl

.... OK - OK .... I have to say this.....

Hi, my name is John, and I am horrible with remembering names too!
(And the Group replies: "Hi, John!")

Working for a funeral home, I see 400 to 1200 faces each week. This city has a population of 100,000+ and I think I've seen every one of their faces and been introduced to ALL of them multiple times.

I envy those who have the gift for remembering names/faces.... I guess that's why I'm not a politician, huh?

I APPLAUD y'all for kicking off the club with such a jack-rabbit-start :grin: Wish I were closer for attendance/participation. Looking forward to meeting all-y'all face-to-face one day.

John

wes935

"Hi, John!", I'm bad with names also so I have fun when the shoe is on the other foot.

Wish you could have made it too, but I know it would have been quite a drive.

I was talking about you last night in reference to the "law book" I carry with me for running with registered bumper numbers. All of the information you provided was a time saver when looking throught the statutes....thanks!!

I'm looking forward to many good times with the MV club.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks