• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Canvas Cargo cover

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I put a nos, J Johnson canvas cargo cover on my truck today. It has the black nylon rope for attaching to the truck tie-down points. I would like to see pictures of others with canvas covers, to see where and how you have attached the ropes for the front and rear end covers. At either front corner on the front of the box there are 2 lash points and three ropes (the cinch rope,the front panel rope and a short one like on the sides of the top cover) this has me confused. I can not find a manual that shows this. Also, the ends have a small access flap built into them. Are they supposed to be operable from in the cargo area or from the outside ? Should the rear, end cover go in front of the tailgate or over the tailgate? Also,I am not able to pull the cinch ropes on the ends of the top cover enough to make the cover look right (the nice arched covered wagon look) . I am guessing time and temperature will help? It's 23 degrees out today and freezing rain and snow out!

ojsdna744

End covers go over the outsides....think water running down the front of the cover....will it go inside the cargo area or run harmlessly off the cover? :lol: Oh yeah, the openings in the end covers should be operated fromm the outside...again, or else rain,snow will be allowed to run into the crago area.

I'm not pretending to be a cargo cover expert, but I did stay @ a Holiday Express once....

All I have on this CPU is an old picture of my rig as it started out...but it'll give you the general idea!

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Update. I found the installation instructions in the -10 (thanks Emmado) It shows the lace up for the end covers but it does not show the front corners or clearly tell where the three ropes tie to .

CGarbee

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks