• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone seen a larc v for parts?

BTCHURCHILL

Hi Everybody,

I'm Marc from Belgium and I bought a Larc V in Europe which we are currently bringing back to life.
I'm looking for all the manuals so if someone can offer them please send me a pm.

The Larc V was laying in a salvage yard and some parts where stolen off.
Main thing we need is the injection pump from the original Cummins V8-300. Serial number from the engine is 353945 which makes it a 1963 built engine.
I would buy a complete engine (with or without gearbox/pump) as well.

Other things missing but not that important are e.g.:
1 wheel
the transmission shaft with pinion from the gearbox to the right rear wheel
the rear hydraulic bilge pump
the radiator and fan
The gearbox compartment cover
some of the bowden cables
The engine compartment covers
The 2 covers from the storage boxes.

We buy lots of antique tractors and cars in the US and ship them in containers so export and transport would not be an issue.

I hope to find some parts and friends over here on steel Soldiers.

Marc Geerkens
Belgium
www.happyoldiron.com
I found a manual at https://www.portrayalpress.com/product-p/tm-55-1930-205-20.htm. We also are looking for a starboard engine cover.

BTCHURCHILL

Welcome to Steel Soldiers Marc. You're working on my favorite size MV....big. A quick search for "Larc for sale" netted a few hits so if you don't get the same results searching from your side of the pond, I'll dig more later tonight.

Here's a site that claims to have manuals and contains some trivia. http://buyaduck.com/lark-amphibious-vehicle/

Only 1000 made and 550 shipped to Nam to be left behind. I've seen pictures loaded on Steel Soldiers in the past so they were out there. We'll bump the post and see if anyone else remembers where a donor larc might be sitting.
http://commercial.apolloduck.com/listings.phtml?cid=904
Looking for an engine

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking for an engine
Larc V right? Do you have any links, pics or specifics on the engine? Manufacture years that might fit? We found crated take-outs for the 50's early deuce in a wrecking yard so renewing the hunt is always good. One never knows what we might find up here.

Screenshot 2021-11-30 at 21-12-17 Edmonton · Alberta.png

Best I've got right now is a pic of a big tire but we can add it and get more eyes on what you're after.

P4071216.JPG

HAWKMAN

HAWKMAN,i too am stuck from setting.If there's a chance that engine can be popped loose. can you call w/ price /shipping $ to see if i can gamble ? Is the alternator still in place ? A lowlife stole mine.
BTCHURCHHILL, Sorry it takes so long for me to get back to you..I'm not on computer every day. I'm not sure if it can be loosened (pretty tight) and given the size and weight of this thing I think shipping would be prohibitively expensive for the chance that it might still be good and I definitely don't want you to pay for something that you can't use.....oh...and mine didn't have an alternator....sorry..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks