• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally got an MKT-75A

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can't thank SCRancher enough for not only selling me one of his MKT's but actually delivering it to me.

Thanks Stan. You have to stay in touch.

I know, I know, PICS

View attachment 308495

I'm the old guy on the left

View attachment 308497

Stan showing me a small hole on the side - might want to patch that, LOL

View attachment 308496

Stan showing me how to replace the side travel curtains, which he sold me a set of - he might have a lead on a set of front and rear travel curtains as well...

I have some work ahead of me, but this is going to be fun

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What time is chow?

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You didn't make him help you set it up the first time?

Check the oven to make sure there aren't any maggot infested pots like the one I got from GL. Not that Stan would do something like that...

Can't believe that travel cover made it all the way from Austin to Keller without shredding.

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those are maggots? WM told me that was rice!:shock:

I asked for some butter...

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
SCSG-G4 is the MKT guru here......PM him if you need stuff....he has a lot of the manuals on digits and will load them on a thumbdrive if you send him one.

We have set up one and cooked out of it for the last three years at the GA Rally.

Possum stuffed with rice is a delicacy.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Chili Mack, thats the 1st thing you need to learn to make. I have been known to go for 3-4 plates of Mikes Chili mack. WM is right as usual, MKT Mike is the man. This reminds me I have a thumb drive to ship him back,, oops....:oops:

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry. We don't do things like 'chili mac'

Here's the type of food WE DO... and it's being prepared by my wife ON an MKT - chicken and steak fajita's, pinto beans from scratch, rice, guacamole, and for the kids, tacos and hot dogs

View attachment 308730

my wife preparing food

View attachment 308731

steak and chicken - gotta love a large grill that you CAN cook both at the same time in a hurry

View attachment 308732

steak, chicken with three colors of bell peppers plus onions

I AM SO LOOKING FORWARD to setting this up, bringing it to life and really cooking some fine meals for large crowds on this one

And I will contact SCSG-G4 and send him a thumb drive as well - I do have a list of stuff I will need eventually

Last edited:

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
ChiliMac is easy to make. My recipe is supposed to feed 100, or about 40 when Don, Popabear Angie and Recovry4x4 are around. Angie uses it to make a weeks' worth of lunch for Ferro. PM if you want the recipe!

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I gave him one with the MKT.
I guess that picture was from a prior MKT they were using but if ANYONE else needs one PM thtrev2001. I know he has some more grease catchers, a couple of griddles, and lots of canvas/nylon/vinyl parts.

Us MKT guys have to stick together. Everybody loves you while you're dishing out the food but then they tend to forgot you until the next meal (especially around KP time).

Last edited:

M1031CMT

Welcome to the MKT club! SGSC-G4 is our unofficial president. He knows his MKT stuff!

We have two MKT-90's and parts from a third one we took apart. They are fun stuff to use and show.

As for the grease catch, they are sort of hit and miss. Sometimes they work well, and other times they do not. When they don't work well, it is a **** of a mess! Luckily we have a hot water pressure washer to clean up the times it doesn't work.

Biggest part of getting an MKT is the initial clean up. We always pull empty the entire trailer (including pulling out all the cabinets) and pressure washing everything. While it might be privately used, we still want to show that it is as clean as a commercially operated food truck. Takes a lot of work, but it is worth it and it gives you a good opportunity to see what you need to stock/restock in your unit.

Good luck and ask any questions you may have.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike,
We fed over 100 of that meal two years ago. WE HAD a meal planned for last year's airshow in Denver, but ended up moving to the DFW area... kind of a lost year as it were...

And I will have TONS of questions.

first off, it seems I need a pressure washer. I've always wanted one, but never felt compelled to get one.

NOW I HAVE A REASON. My wife has been half way through culinary school - her instructors told her she didn't NEED their instruction (her dad was a chef and she worked in his restaurant in high school) so SANITATION is at the top of our list... way kewl, but HONEY, I NEED THIS TO KEEP IT CLEAN... chuckle, I can't wait for that conversation

but my wife is a great person and knows this is a fun hobby and like all 'fun things', it takes money to maintain a well made piece of equipment - and we DO LOVE TO FEED PEOPLE for sure...:wink:

this is gonna be fun

I would like to add that I find this hobby a ton of fun. Not to put down other hobbies I've had, but this is one that while I can collect something fun, and yes, I can drive my trucks, but dang man a trailer that DOES SOMETHING besides just haul stuff. HOW KEWL IS THIS???

PS - I just bought IslandGuyDon's MEP-00a generator on trailer and when it arrives, I WILL post pix, but again, how kewl is it, that this is another trailer that can actually do something beside JUST haul stuff...

Thx folks - life is great

yeah, I know, ups and downs, but right now I've got a pretty good view from the up part right now, I'll hold onto that for when the down part arrives

Last edited:

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I got all four jack stand legs down. And leveled it out...

THEN I decided I needed to move it from where scrancher parked it for me to where I finally think I want it parked for now.

So I hooked it up to the dually, and it pulled great.

I even got into some real soft dirt that I had just rototilled and though I did engage 4x low it still pulled great even in soft sandy soil ...

And it didn't look TOO bad behind the dually

I'll grant you it would pull a little better with smaller tires from an axle swap.

And when I rotate the lunette... it WILL look better behind the dually - it still won't have brakes, but...

View attachment 311511

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks