• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

some volvo possibilities

L1A1

6x6pinz
Thanks for posting that link! I've been considering a TGB 1111 for a while and have found one for sale. All the research I've done to date on Vovo TGBs pointed to the positive on them but there was always something just under the surface that no one wanted to mention to me. I knew about the rust issues, However I thought that parts were easy to get for them owing to the TGB's B30 power plant. That thread was a real eye opener!
Matt

Mike_Pop

I've driven a TGB 1111 and these trucks are amazing! Faster than my Unimog U1300L, lots more room inside than a Pinz, very capable off road. If I were to get another European vehicle, it would be a TGB.

I've talked to Jim Molloy who owns a C303 and his brother Sean who has a TGB 1111 (which I drove). They both said that engine and driveline parts are easy to get. It's the other stuff that is difficult but not impossible. Overall, they are very happy with their Volvo's.

L1A1

Mike_pop
Thanks for your input! What you've posted is what I've always heard about the Volvos and 'was the reason why I wanted one. It was a tactical MV that wasn't so doggy on the road! The Volvo also has some rakkish lines to it that I find appealing as well.

From what I'm to understand the engine is (was) a standard Volvo B30 6 cylinder car power plant, the brake system is from the Land Rover (Range Rover?) and things like the belts,hoses & filters were pretty much standard auto parts store fare. The bearings and races are also supposedly common items available through any industrial bearing place. I could be missinformed about all this, I don't know. I wish there was someone around here who owned one so that I might be able to slide behind the wheel of one and find out if it is something that I really want to drive/own.

Matt

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks