• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

De Havilland U-1A Plane "Otter"

These are the planes I've been working on. One is a 1/72 scale De Havilland U-1A "Otter" in typical Arctic colors including Alaska. The other one is a 1/48th scale De Havilland U-1A "Otter" that has been partially modified. The U.S. Army decals on the right wing on the 1/48th scale are a different color and the plane is being painted to the colors that is was during the Viet Nam era. I've been on them a long time. One (The 1/72 scale) I started over 15 years ago. Wiil also show some pictures of two M35A2 "Deuce's"when I finish them. One is a 1/72 scale and the other is a 1/35th scale model. Presently working on the smaller one.

Attachments

De Havilland U-1A & M35A2 Models(1/72nd scale)

These are the planes I've been working on. One is a 1/72 scale De Havilland U-1A "Otter" in typical Arctic colors including Alaska. The other one is a 1/48th scale De Havilland U-1A "Otter" that has been partially modified. The U.S. Army decals on the right wing on the 1/48th scale are a different color and the plane is being painted to the colors that is was during the Viet Nam era. I've been on them a long time. One (The 1/72 scale) I started over 15 years ago. Wiil also show some pictures of two M35A2 "Deuce's"when I finish them. One is a 1/72 scale and the other is a 1/35th scale model. Presently working on the smaller one.
Working on the 1/72nd scale deuce again, hope to have it done by Tuesday at the latest. The parts are so small it's difficult to put them together even with tweezers. Have to modify or make a part for one of the rear differentials that wound up missing somehow. Wil post a picture of it by the 1/72 scale U-1A "Otter".Will use a better camera for the pictures.

Model Kits of M35 Deuces

NICE [thumbzup]

Where did you find the kit for that, Walt?
Quite a few years ago,probably in 2oo5 or 2006 we were in Washngton and went to a hobby store and the 1/72 kit was there in a hobby shop. The "Deuce" is an Academy kit. Also got the U-1A DeHavilland "Otter" kits there another time.The "Otters" are made by Hobbycraft in Canada.Will post another place on here where you can almost get any kind of kit. Will post the new pictures" of the "Deuce" and "Otter" sometime today The decals for the 1/72nd scale kits are rather difficult to put on as they are very small. What a job to put them on. Walt aka elkhunter

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks, Walt.
I'd love to build some of those models myself, but I have to face the reality that there just aren't enough hours in my days right now to take on any additional projects. <sigh> For now, I'll concentrate my "deuce modeling" efforts on the FULL SCALE article I have. <LOL>

Pictures of De Havilland U-1A "Otter" and M35A2 "Deuce" models (1/72nd scale) together and complete. Lost the tiny decal for the fuel tank on the deuce that reads : Diesel Fuel Only, Also missing the Unit desinations for the rear of the deuce. They are difficult to place on the 1/72nd scale models. A good website for model selections is: Squadron - Your Online Hobby Shop: Mail Order Military Scale Plastic Models and Books. They are located in Carrollton,Texas and seem to have a good selection of everything. The December issue shows a AFV M35A2 on page 29 for around $35.00. The one I'm startng on was $50.00. The January issue shows a lot of the newer MV's that are in service in todays armed forces.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks