• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Chronicle of a tan M1101 trailer purchase from GovLiquidation.com

clutzer

mopar

Yep Worcester, MA.

Its also got 4 Jerry can mounts in the bed you can see it in the video when you play full screen.

http://www.govliquidation.com/auction/view?auctionId=5036975

As for driving the trailer out I think that shouldn't be a problem I talked to justing at FT Meade and he said your just hooking it up to a truck and going? and I said thats the plan.

I have to say the way FT Meade listed it with a full walk around video made it a lot easier to drop the cash on the trailer as you know almost exactly what your getting.

Last edited:

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Minor little panic attack :!:: I'm aware that you can no longer drive "vehicles" out of GL lots and instead they must be hauled out. But, your photo of your trailer on a trailer makes me worried that this is true for trailers too?! I was making an assumption that my trailer would get towed out by my H1.

P.S. Nice looking trailers!
I spoke to the DRMO folks at Ft Lewis and they didn't seem to have a problem with it.

As an aside, I picked up a set of cheap trailer add-on lights to get it home from Harbor Freight for $20.

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep Worcester, MA.

Its also got 4 Jerry can mounts in the bed you can see it in the video when you play full screen.

2330 - Trailers at Government Liquidation

As for driving the trailer out I think that shouldn't be a problem I talked to justing at FT Meade and he said your just hooking it up to a truck and going? and I said thats the plan.

I have to say the way FT Meade listed it with a full walk around video made it a lot easier to drop the cash on the trailer as you know almost exactly what your getting.
Sheesh, does the army know how to assign a condition code? Yours looks exactly like mine, and they coded it F7. Mine is coded B4.

My biggest panic attack will come if I try to pull the trailer and there's something wrong with it, like a locked brake or something. :sad:

mopar

Sheesh, does the army know how to assign a condition code? Yours looks exactly like mine, and they coded it F7. Mine is coded B4.

My biggest panic attack will come if I try to pull the trailer and there's something wrong with it, like a locked brake or something. :sad:
Yeah I think that condition has to do with the generator stuff on it possibly.

I'm bring a can of PB blaster and a BFH just in case the brakes are rusted.

xiongy

Minor little panic attack :!:: I'm aware that you can no longer drive "vehicles" out of GL lots and instead they must be hauled out. But, your photo of your trailer on a trailer makes me worried that this is true for trailers too?! I was making an assumption that my trailer would get towed out by my H1.

P.S. Nice looking trailers!
I'm pretty sure they would have allowed me to tow the trailer home. My last M101A3, the guy at the base just walked me over to the trailer, satisfied himself that it was the correct one, then walked away as I hitched it up to my truck. No biggie. As I was getting the temporary lights on, he did drive by with a forklift in case I needed help, but by that time, I was ready to roll.

clutzer

Got my adapter from roger101a2. It looks pretty well made. Here is a picture of it as I got it, and then after I added some electrical tape to a few places to keep water and snow out.

With electrical tape, I covered an exposed screw head, sealed the boot covering the military end of the adapter, and added a layer of tape around the blade plate making it a tighter fit inside the boot. I doubt any of this is truly necessary, but I did it anyway. (I'm going to be going through the Rocky Mountains in Canada, and I'm sure water and salt is going to get everywhere.)

Attachments

mopar

They are I-beams that a generator was mounted to. They look like they should come out easy enough I'll play around with it tomorrow in the daylight.

clutzer

Here's some pics and one of the lights on for you to see how bright they were. My trailer is a 2009 so not sure if there are different light versions.
That brightness level, especially at night looks more than adequate. Thanks for posting these! Again good looking trailer--how did it handle the roads with all the snow and ice we just got? I assume it tracked perfectly with the MT tires?

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I doubt those are the LED lights, just from the pictures. Also, the early trailers (as evidenced by the MWO tags) didnt have the LED lights standard. How do you figure the trailer in the pic with the genny mounts is a 2009?

xiongy

The data plate should have the date it was received. I still have my 24V lights. Maybe I'll put them back on one side and do a comparison.

JBT

They are I-beams that a generator was mounted to. They look like they should come out easy enough I'll play around with it tomorrow in the daylight.
The I-beams are bolted to a steel plate.
The plate is attached to the trailer using u-bolts through the trailer attachment points, 4 on each side.
The u-bolts are covered with a channel to allow a fork lift to lift out the entire assembly with the generator on it.
On top of the channel is an aluminum cover which is also bolted to the steel plate. The aluminum cover has to be removed in order to get to the u-bolts. When I went to remove the nuts to the cover, the bolts, the heads of which are on the bottom of the steel plate and inaccessible, turn with the wrench. The bolts holding the i-beams to the plate will present the same issue.
I am going to try a nut cracker to break off the nuts. I would grind them off with a cutoff tool but the clearance is too tight. A Dremel tool will fit however.
The entire assembly with the beams and the steel plate is sized to slide out the back with the tailgate off.
The two beams and the steel plate weigh several hundred pounds.

Last edited:

mopar

I doubt those are the LED lights, just from the pictures. Also, the early trailers (as evidenced by the MWO tags) didnt have the LED lights standard. How do you figure the trailer in the pic with the genny mounts is a 2009?
The data plate see picture:

Also has carc 07/09 stenciled on it.

Attachments

Last edited:

mopar

The I-beams are bolted to a steel plate.
The plate is attached to the trailer using u-bolts through the trailer attachment points, 4 on each side.
The u-bolts are covered with a channel to allow a fork lift to lift out the entire assembly with the generator on it.
On top of the channel is an aluminum cover which is also bolted to the steel plate. The aluminum cover has to be removed in order to get to the u-bolts. When I went to remove the nuts to the cover, the bolts, the heads of which are on the bottom of the steel plate and inaccessible, turn with the wrench. The bolts holding the i-beams to the plate will present the same issue.
I am going to try a nut cracker to break off the nuts. I would grind them off with a cutoff tool but the clearance is too tight. A Dremel tool will fit however.
The entire assembly with the beams and the steel plate is sized to slide out the back with the tailgate off.
The two beams and the steel plate weigh several hundred pounds.
Thanks keep me updated how it goes. Well I won't be messing with it today it very cold and ice /raining/slushing out unlike the nice weather in the 60s it was at Ft Meade.

JBT

The data plate see picture:

Also has carc 07/09 stenciled on it.
I was also confused about the date of mine.
The data plate shows 09 as the date, but it also has the MWO tags.
I contacted an Army official about this.
He said that the newer trailers would not have needed the MWO.

He was shocked to learn that they were even selling these trailers.
He said the Army has a contract to purchase 2000 more of these before the end of FY 2012, when the contract is up. He was going to meet with the procurement officials, and would bring this issue up with them.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks