• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Chronicle of a tan M1101 trailer purchase from GovLiquidation.com

clutzer

It's kind of sickening from a tax-payer perspective:

2000 x $8,954.00 = $17,908,000

I don't know if there is a discount for buying in bulk... And of course you need to factor in the selling price of the trailers on GL which let's for argument's sake say is $600 on average:

2000 x ($8,954 - $600) = $16,708,000

rfischba1

M1102 trailer support leggs

Does anyone have a picture of the rear support leggs mounted on the m1102 trailers, I cant figure how they go together.

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's some pics and one of the lights on for you to see how bright they were. My trailer is a 2009 so not sure if there are different light versions.
Fantastic! Thanks for the pictures, it looks like we won't have to do anything to our lights- just use as is.

<strike>Did you pull the landing legs or did yours not come with a set?</strike>

Never mind, I see them in an earlier picture.

Last edited:

clutzer

****, that guy's trying to turn a quick profit. $1400 mark up LOL!

Notice on the trailer with the tan wheels that his stabilizer is coming off (it appears). I hope ours aren't afflicted with the same problem.

I also hope ours come with stabilizer legs, that would rule.

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
****, that guy's trying to turn a quick profit. $1400 mark up LOL!

Notice on the trailer with the tan wheels that his stabilizer is coming off (it appears). I hope ours aren't afflicted with the same problem.

I also hope ours come with stabilizer legs, that would rule.
I'm not sure to which picture you are referring, they all look like good trailers. Looking at the pictures from our sale, the legs appear to all be there.

Here's another one for sale, $5500 Military HMMWV M1101 LTT

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey man, I don't see support legs on mine (if you look at the pictures I attached in my original post). Do you see something I'm missing?
In your original post, in the third and fourth picture, they're stowed on the front of the trailer, held down by some black rubber bungees. The front landing leg is there too, folded underneath.

clutzer

In your original post, in the third and fourth picture, they're stowed on the front of the trailer, held down by some black rubber bungees. The front landing leg is there too, folded underneath.
Hahahahahaha, I'm a dumba55. I thought those were a fixed part of the front of the trailer used to stabilize it while driving. I totally misread the manual.

mopar

Yeah due an uexpected need for quick $$$ let mine go for $1600 with a combo pintle hitch. Pretty much covered purchase price and diesel/ tolls down to MD to pick it up. I know there are more out there so when the time comes

mj1angier

Got the word yesterday that my EUC has cleared. Plan to ride down to Ft.Bragg and pick it up next Wed. Now got to get a hitch and some lights for it. Will a 2" ball pintle hitch be best or the other plane type. I normally run a 2" ball on my truck, so trying to keep from swapping around as much.

xiongy

Got the word yesterday that my EUC has cleared. Plan to ride down to Ft.Bragg and pick it up next Wed. Now got to get a hitch and some lights for it. Will a 2" ball pintle hitch be best or the other plane type. I normally run a 2" ball on my truck, so trying to keep from swapping around as much.
The issue I had was the hitch height. I have a stock Tundra, so I got this:
Ultra-Tow Pintle Receiver Adapter — 12in.L x 2in. Square Shank | Hitch Adapters | Northern Tool + Equipment
and bolted this on there:
Buyers 8-Ton Capacity Steel Pintle Hook | Towing Hooks | Northern Tool + Equipment
(Check the box, they're supposed to come with bolts)

The 8 ton pintle fit the lunette perfectly, no noticeable movement as I was towing it around.

mj1angier

The issue I had was the hitch height. I have a stock Tundra, so I got this:
Ultra-Tow Pintle Receiver Adapter — 12in.L x 2in. Square Shank | Hitch Adapters | Northern Tool + Equipment
and bolted this on there:
Buyers 8-Ton Capacity Steel Pintle Hook | Towing Hooks | Northern Tool + Equipment
(Check the box, they're supposed to come with bolts)

The 8 ton pintle fit the lunette perfectly, no noticeable movement as I was towing it around.
So you took the tow adapter, flipped around to make the pintle higher. I was thinking about this. My stock hitch is at 17.5 " and the trailer is at 29". Thinking that much incline will mess with the surge brakes.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks