• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Restoration Started on March 1953 M-37/42

snowdad

I have started a new restoration thread on the g741 site and just remembered this site. I am wondering if there would be any interest in posting my restoration steps and pics here. How hard is it to post pics here?
Phillip

bbftx

I for one would really like to see your project here!

It's fairly easy to add photos to your posts. In the "Quick Reply" area, scroll down until you see the "Manage Attachments" button --- you can then choose files from your computer to upload for your post. Or, if you are in "Go Advanced" mode, there is a paper clip icon that you click to choose and upload your photos.

vtdeucedriver

I haunt both locations so I would see it at either location. It would be nice here as you will get more visability and just might spark someone to go get one.

snowdad

I am very fortunate in that everything is still there. It was running when parked 8 years ago. It still has part of the front bumper numbers visible from under the Civil Defense/Rescue Squad paint as well as the registration number still visible on the tailgate. There is only 1 number that I am not sure about. DOD was 3-4-1953. Had served at one time as a M-42 and still has the 100 amp generator and rectifier in place.

The number is 2095?377 It is a 5, 6, 3, or 8.

Attachments

snowdad

Let me relate what happened pulling it into the shop yard for tear down. I had caught a window in the weather and got my neighbor to help me pull it the rest of the way up the hill where we got it stuck the week before even using a IH 574 tractor. We had to go to the bottom of the field to get a running start and told him just straddle the previous ruts and if I was making progress to expect to see diesel smoke rolling and just hang on. All was going great until we went between the shop and the barn and I heard him screaming (undescernible with a diesel running). All I could see was the top of his head and his arms flailing hysterically. I thought a nest of hornets had came out of hibernation. Then I noticed the top of the tree in the bumper shaking and realized I had hung the electric fence overhead and it had fallen into the open cab with him. Lit him up real good! If I had only had a video of this.

bbftx

I think it is most likely a 6. In Photoshop, if I take the 9 and turn it over into a 6, it fits the partial outline better than your other options.
Here is a pic showing a semi-transparent flipped over 9 in that spot. Look at the upper portion of the 6 in particular. None of the other numbers fit that location like the upper stroke of the 6 does.

Attachments

vtdeucedriver

I think it is most likely a 6. In Photoshop, if I take the 9 and turn it over into a 6, it fits the partial outline better than your other options.
Here is a pic showing a semi-transparent flipped over 9 in that spot. Look at the upper portion of the 6 in particular. None of the other numbers fit that location like the upper stroke of the 6 does.
Thats some MV CSI action right there!!!! Looks good[thumbzup]

Milbikes

Two questions: Did you get the cat in the deal? Did the leaves on the tree make it all the way home? Seriously though, glad you got it, and stopped it's eventual return to the earth. H.

flygirl

Yes, please. You will learn very quickly that we LOVE pics. For a day or so these guys thought I never even existed until I posted pics. So, post away! :popcorn:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks