• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

73M819's New CUCV

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
As some of you are aware, 73M819 (Ron) is very fond of CUCVs.:lol:

I had a chance to buy a particulary nice one yesterday, M1009 and of course I thought about Ron and his desire to drive one in our parades and to the GA Rally etc.
So...I bought it from Blue2Actual.[thumbzup]

Since Ron loves these type vehicles, I'm gonna make sure this one is capable of carrying him to his final resting place...but I hope that's not soon.

I'm gonna name the truck "Ron's Final Ride"!!:popcorn:

Here's pics:

Attachments

3dAngus

I bet it rides better than that wrecked wrecker, even though he does call them wheel chocks.:p

He'll be turning over in his grave and hasn't even arrived yet.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
As some of you are aware, 73M819 (Ron) is very fond of CUCVs.:lol:

I had a chance to buy a particulary nice one yesterday, M1009 and of course I thought about Ron and his desire to drive one in our parades and to the GA Rally etc.
So...I bought it from Blue2Actual.[thumbzup]

Since Ron loves these type vehicles, I'm gonna make sure this one is capable of carrying him to his final resting place...but I hope that's not soon.

I'm gonna name the truck "Ron's Final Ride"!!:popcorn:

Here's pics:
I truly appreciate the thought, thank you for the GREAT out pouring of love as only PB could :beer:, In fact when the time comes, I would like to be BURIED in one, that way even in death, I helped to get another cucv/WC off the road

sandcobra164

Did Travis ever get the A/C conversion working in that truck? Looked pretty nice last time I saw if for the SGM Association Car Show. I'll try to get my better half a M1009 one of these days so I can take back my M1028!!! Good Score!!!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Did Travis ever get the A/C conversion working in that truck? Looked pretty nice last time I saw if for the SGM Association Car Show. I'll try to get my better half a M1009 one of these days so I can take back my M1028!!! Good Score!!!
Yes..he said the AC works well when fully charged but has a leak under the dash.
I'll prolly fix it eventually...or not...lol

Blue2Actual put alot of time, money and effort in this truck and it shows.[thumbzup]

If this truck looked/sounded/performed like Marvins M1008 I would have cranked up the GOER and flattened it!!

Attachments

ZiggyO

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Awww C'mon Ron--- I seem to remember when you drove one of my m1009's out to NE this past summer that you couldn't get enough of it ----(I seem to remember him even saying something about buying one himself after that trip, hehe)........ Could it maybe be that he only talks smack about them because he secretly loves them dearly??????? rofl

Ziggy

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Awww C'mon Ron--- I seem to remember when you drove one of my m1009's out to NE this past summer that you couldn't get enough of it ----(I seem to remember him even saying something about buying one himself after that trip, hehe)........ Could it maybe be that he only talks smack about them because he secretly loves them dearly??????? Ziggy

AH HA!!!
The truth has come back to haunt ya Ron!!:lol:

Guess what you get to drive in Veterans Parade this year??[thumbzup]

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Awww C'mon Ron--- I seem to remember when you drove one of my m1009's out to NE this past summer that you couldn't get enough of it ----(I seem to remember him even saying something about buying one himself after that trip, hehe)........ Could it maybe be that he only talks smack about them because he secretly loves them dearly??????? rofl

Ziggy
You forgot the pics

Attachments

The lines at the expansion block need to be tightened and it will be a good system. That's a nice looking truck PB. I'm glad to see that it is staying within the CAMO group, and not to a 16 year old kid who wants to tear it up off road. [thumbzup]

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial

Ziggy
If you think back to what I really said, It went something like this, "well I drove a WHEEL CHOCK 1400 miles and I still think ( scratch think) KNOW that that a cucv is ONLY good for a WHEEL CHOCK and that is putting wheel chocks DOWN" and that "I felt better driving the 915 2800 miles then I did driving the wc 1400"

sandcobra164

Well, it could be a secret love. PB told me that he doesn't care for CUCV's, now he own's one as do I. Ron could be in denial, CUCV's normally don't have a split rim that can come apart on you if you neglect to check the air in the tires. It really was neat to watch the locking ring and then the tire separate from the rim on the "Crane Thingy" as Ron led me in the convoy leaving the GA Rally. Of course, I kept "The Proud" safe and did my "pretrip" to the letter to include making sure the hood latches were firmly in place. Can't quite say the same for the "pretrip" getting up there as I had a hood fly up in my face and I'm really grateful that the truck stopped on level ground when that happened. 79M819 and PB are getting friendlier in their older age. Who will be the first to get an FMTV????

Next question, when will I get that M1009 for the wife? Time to start saving up!!!! It's an SUV and it has Air Conditioning. Just like the Nissan without leather, smokes a little and it's a diesel!!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks