• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

"Map Box" ? or at least a mystery box

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi All,

Decades ago (yes, really decades) I was given the box pictured below by a guy who was selling a lot of disassembled WWII MV's (command cars, jeeps and WC series trucks). He had had plans to restore them but marriage, kids, and general life and growing up redirected his focus and energies.

He told me at the time that this was a map box for a command car. I know nothing about command cars and thought maybe someone on SS who is more knowledgeable (pretty much everyone) might know what this box is. It's kind of cool, but I think it may be tired of living in my storage unit.

Any ideas? I imagine I could find a place for it in my M-42, but I don't think it belongs there.

Attachments

JBizal

Box

That is the spare parts box that most of the WWII trucks used. Anything larger than a jeep carried one of these. It would not apply to post war trucks.
John

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks