• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need information about this 1941 GMC

GatorBill

GMC CF-351 K-18 Radio Tk

This is my first thread on a forum ever, so please be patient if I don't do this right.
I am trying to find some information on this 1941 General Motors Truck, Model CF-351. The plate reads "Truck-K-18C, 1 1/2 ton (LC) 4X2, Arm or Service Maintaining Vehicle, Quartermaster Corps." The date of delivery is " 8/15/41" and it was built by the Yellow Truck & Coach MFG. CO. The serial number is 035.
I am trying to upload pictures, so I hope that works.
Does anybody out there know anything about this vehicle?
P.S. Under all the coats of paint on the back, what looks like "US ARMY RECRUITING" is barely visible.
Thanks in advance for any help!
I have this truck as well. Working on needed Tk parts and Gathering all SCR-197 components I can find. I need your help and I can help you as well. I'll be at MVPA in Louisville this June. bill at millerpower dot com. Thanks, Bill

GatorBill

Bill: I need Transmission for my K-18 CF-351. Do you still have it? Bill-Indiana

I plan to recover the vehicle as soon as possible after Christmas.

I made some good pics today but I'll be darned if I can get them downloaded to the laptop from my phone...my desk top computer went tits up today for some reason!

I'll prolly start another thread when we do the recovery and start the process of bringing her back to life.
Congratulations! My K18C has lost most of its Military Livery so I'm not a good source for that. My "Golden Bomber" has had a hard working life so she will never be in uniform again but I am hopeful her cab will see another life on a more modern chassis. I am an avid "inliner" so I would like to see her 248 as a warmed up 302 with a 5 speed in a late GM P30 chassis. That means her chassis and running gear will be available to anyone restoring a sibling truck. When I thought I have would bring her to life I accumulated some mechanical parts that are surplus now. I have accumulated as well some manua;s and photos of K18C's I have "lusted" for that I would be happy to share. Hope you will share pics of her recovery.

Good luck, glad it has been rescued!

Bill
Gardnerville, NV 89460[/QUOTE]

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Congratulations! My K18C has lost most of its Military Livery so I'm not a good source for that. My "Golden Bomber" has had a hard working life so she will never be in uniform again but I am hopeful her cab will see another life on a more modern chassis. I am an avid "inliner" so I would like to see her 248 as a warmed up 302 with a 5 speed in a late GM P30 chassis. That means her chassis and running gear will be available to anyone restoring a sibling truck. When I thought I have would bring her to life I accumulated some mechanical parts that are surplus now. I have accumulated as well some manua;s and photos of K18C's I have "lusted" for that I would be happy to share. Hope you will share pics of her recovery.
Good luck, glad it has been rescued!Bill
Gardnerville, NV 89460
[/QUOTE]

Bill, we recovered the vehicle and it sitting in Lilburn, GA undergoing a MAJOR makeover.

We started a new thread...please read here: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?118984-1941-K18-C-GMC-Recovered-today

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks