• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Another 5 ton would pull it out easily. Even a deuce with a little length on a strap would get it out fairly easy.

Even a truck in ruts like this wasn't hard work. It's all about weight.ickily the 818 isn't much heavier than a deuce.

Attachments

Last edited:

Nomadic

I drove my M934 to Wendy's.

View attachment 765760

I'm finding out though, that it's **** near impossible to stealth camp in it. I'm homeless and living in it, and towing my M1031 behind it.. and it's tractor trailer length long.. no one wants it in their parking lot....

I'm thinking of getting a 932A2 and putting an M109 box on it... or possibly a Uhaul type box.. heh. that should cut down on the length a bit.
Nice truck (M934). I've been wanting to live out of one in Nevada. Plenty of mining roads and trails to take it on and find a good camp to stay at 14 days at a time. I want a version like yours with the naturally aspirated NHC 250 for the torque down low in off-road situations and the dually wheels for more stability.

It sucks you are wanting to get rid of it. The M109 box would be cheaper to heat in the winter and keep cool in the summer. Although, would a M932 really solve the length issues? Both are ucking big trucks. Do you want to get something slightly smaller for a better in-city experience? I would just need to take it in town to get supplies and then gtf out. What do you think of it out in the wild? I spent 15 years in Redmond, WA. It rains a lot there ;). Are the leaks in the van, if any, manageable?

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice truck (M934). I've been wanting to live out of one in Nevada. Plenty of mining roads and trails to take it on and find a good camp to stay at 14 days at a time. I want a version like yours with the naturally aspirated NHC 250 for the torque down low in off-road situations and the dually wheels for more stability.

It sucks you are wanting to get rid of it. The M109 box would be cheaper to heat in the winter and keep cool in the summer. Although, would a M932 really solve the length issues? Both are ucking big trucks. Do you want to get something slightly smaller for a better in-city experience? I would just need to take it in town to get supplies and then gtf out. What do you think of it out in the wild? I spent 15 years in Redmond, WA. It rains a lot there ;). Are the leaks in the van, if any, manageable?
I removed the slide out.

I have 1 minor leak, but nothing I'd even really be worried about.

Brutacus

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My Father and I just finished rebuilding the hubs on the steer axle. It started as a fix for some brake issues (froze and corroded brake cylinders), and some long over due maintenance. Went with non-zipper boots, new wheel bearings, new shoes, new springs and hardware, new balls for the Bendix axle, and sand blasted and painted some parts while everything was apart. I did find a great tool for installing the inner wheel seal. The splined hub is the right diameter for this. Just place a block of steel over the dust cap, so you don't mess it up. One hit made it go in, and a second hit seated the seal all the way. We still used the freeze/shrink method by placing the seals in the deep freeze overnight. Doing those two things made it so easy.

KIMG0046.jpg

KIMG0047.jpg

KIMG0048.jpg

I did nothing to my M925, sucks. Need to fix the exhaust and can't find a good take off "S" pipe for it. Anyone have a spare or a parts truck let me know, send me a PM please. Need the truck to pick up materials for a few projects, Cleaned up the muffler and pipe under the cab in the meantime.

John

Another Ahab

Replaced a trans cooler line
... apparently didn't secure it well, it chafed in about a week and is gushing fluid.... sigh...
Likely that you're not laughing.

You hit bad luck? Tell you what, I'm not laughing (been there).

But if it makes you feel better, maybe somebody somewhere got a laugh here from your "adventure"...

AA.jpeg

Spyderman

I drove to PA and picked up some new shoes for my truck. Also picked up a GP medium tent from Gov planet. It worked out good I bought the tent and had to go there any ways and ended up finding 7 tires for 600 bucks couldn't pass that up

Sent from my webslinger using Tapatalk

CARMAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just flipped the tongue on this M1101 that has been sitting in my warehouse for a few years. Rides perfectly flat behind the Beast and the lights work! Now time for a paint job. Was playing around in the S-280 as well. Made and installed a 36" high cabinet on the opposite side from the kitchen wall. Then mounted a butcher block top that extends 12" longer on each end. Added two 24" stools and bam... more storage and a table at counter height.
IMG_3649.jpg IMG_3647.jpg

CHIEFSONN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My Son and I will be removing the level wind from the winch on my M816 wrecker so we can remove a good portion of the cable that is messed up ,no kinks from what I can see but its no beauty.

Up date it looks worse then I had thought,I need to purchase more tools.short a few sockets etc. what I need to do is remove the front bumper so as I can remove the cable tensioner so the cable can be pulled out.

Last edited:

CMPPhil

Pictures Please

My Son and I will be removing the level wind from the winch on my M816 wrecker so we can remove a good portion of the cable that is messed up ,no kinks from what I can see but its no beauty.
Hi

Some photos of the before and then what you find would be most instructional for those of us who have dwelt with one of these beasts.

Cheers Phil

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
F64AFA50-0F7B-4334-B216-3F706956B921.jpgTook the M813 for a ride to pickup rough cut oak boards. Hay wagon is getting a new deck.
The ol girl ran like a champ.

Finallygotone

Sergeant, great looking job that is a lot of work fixing to face that on one side got a seal leaking, hope it not more than that, mines has 10,000 miles, where did you get you parts, thanks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks