• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Heck. That was before breakfast.
I broke down 6 16.00s off wheels and installed new ones on the HEMTT wheels with the 3 pcs runflats in about 3 hours this morning. If i ate breakfast or lunch i may keep track of it better but adderral seems to make me bypass all those breaks.

vvwilkins

"Beer!" the Pilgrims used it to cross the Atlantic.
OK, maybe not the most useful reply...
Rebuilt the top of the air compressor & unloader on my M923A2. Some great threads on SS helped significantly.
For me the key was to torque down the unloader AFTER torquing down the head. Otherwise the head won't seat properly ... ask me how I know, Arg!
-KM6OZT

SCM35A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
IMG_20190415_113147_248.jpg Resized_20190413_184540.jpg
Finally got time to install the driver's side splash guard on my truck. I got it along with an extra passenger side from Memphis Equipment Company, they cut me a good deal on both so I figured why not.

Anvilface

I got the mock up back from the graphics shop, a few changes to be made, but small ones.

5 Ton Sheriff 1.jpg5 Ton Sheriff 2.jpg5 Ton Sheriff 3.jpg

I also got the blue light bar installed on the cab, along with 4 out of 10 blue "poppers" in the grill and down the sides.
Still need to add the front LED flood, and the two LED rear flood lights.

I'm pretty pleased with the rustoleum paint job we put on it. Covering all of the tan from Depot Maintenance underneath was a job!

About 2 more days, and she'll be ready for Hurricane season (coming quickly)...then I need to finish her sister up with the same.

Ajax MD

I got the mock up back from the graphics shop, a few changes to be made, but small ones.

View attachment 761861View attachment 761862View attachment 761863

I also got the blue light bar installed on the cab, along with 4 out of 10 blue "poppers" in the grill and down the sides.

I'm pretty pleased with the rustoleum paint job we put on it. Covering all of the tan from Depot Maintenance underneath was a job!

About 2 more days, and she'll be ready for Hurricane season (coming quickly)...then I need to finish her sister up with the same.
Looks great! You won't catch many speeders with that rig, though!

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter

View attachment 761861View attachment 761862View attachment 761863

I wish they sold the camo colors in gallons. I take it you used RO flat black. Looks good.

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Toby, well, they kind of do.

Many people, me included, have painted entire trucks and trailers with Behr ultra with excellent results. There is a thread here 50 or 60 pages long about it.

Im about to paint another truck with it.

twisted60

Took my unloader apart, cleaned and replaced parts, builds air good now. My problem was she would build air after first start then when that air was done so was she, would not build air again.
First I thought (hoped) it was the governor but after swapping in a new governor same problem. Next was unloader, I already had a rebuild kit so... Here are some pictures of my very dirty unloader.
IMG_0830.jpgBad GasketIMG_0839.jpgCenter piece should pop up, was too dirty to move.IMG_0834.jpgBurned where gasket was broken.IMG_0845.jpgAll cleaned up with new springs.IMG_0856.jpgBack in the truck. Did it all on truck without removing IP or compressor.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks