• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Correction just got off the phone and got rid of one more so five more to go.
Why purge getting to old to have that amount of projects plus my memory is about done and want grass not trucks. Going to sell the five acres if I can get it cleared out. So money is the truth and I rather be on a warm beach some where or travel around the U.S.A. four wheeling with my Polaris RZR.

Last edited:

Ajax MD

Why purge getting to old to have that amount of projects plus my memory is about done and want grass not trucks. Going to sell the five acres if I can get it cleared out. So money is the truth and I rather be on a warm beach some where or travel around the U.S.A. four wheeling with my Polaris RZR.
I can understand the need for money. I'm from Cape Coral, originally.
I drove right past you when I visited home for Xmas. I should have checked with you to see if you have any parts for sale that I could use.

CARMAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What do you have left?

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can understand the need for money. I'm from Cape Coral, originally.
I drove right past you when I visited home for Xmas. I should have checked with you to see if you have any parts for sale that I could use.
Yep might have gotten some freebies.

What do you have left?

Deuce, A3 Deuce, two 816's, MTV 1088, 915A2, IH 5 ton wrecker are just the trucks.

Last edited:

Ajax MD

So...submitted my paperwork for tags and title. I should have my tags on Monday. Due to the VIN format, there will be a short delay, so I was unable to walk out with my tags.

I made a cardboard blocker for the radiator now that temperatures are freezing or below. I found some info in the TM's about when to cover the radiator, etc.
I took the truck for a few loops around the block to warm it up and monitor the temperature. All seemed well, with the temperature running at 180F with the radiator mostly blocked off.

Next, I took the truck down the road about a 1/2 mile and back, no problems. In fact, the engine just kept running smoother and all the vibrations in the cab seemed to smooth out.
I asked the Spousal Unit if she'd like to take a quick ride down the road, so she climbed up and bounced down the road and back, a mile or so.

We pulled into the driveway and I asked her "So, what do you think of it?"
She answered "I think I should have worn a sports bra!"

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I asked her "So, what do you think of it?"
She answered "I think I should have worn a sports bra!"

Forget pictures, we need video!

vvwilkins

12v Winch Connection

This past weekend I finally finished building a winch assembly to lift the spare tire into its designated location. My truck is running the oversized 16.00xR20's which really limit headroom with the boom. So, I fabricated a bracket to adapt a Champion 2000lb ATV winch to the boom roller. Here's a youtube link for those interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUBndvBtRXw
Or search for "5ton Spare Tire Winch"
Attached is a picture of the assembly prior to install on boom.View attachment 752949
Finished the spare tire winch install by adding an external 12V quick connect. Thought I'd cover two goals by installing a system which could be used for jump starting civilian vehicles as well as being use for running the 12v spare tire winch. Used an Energizer heavy duty Jumper cable kit as the foundation. Uses 175A Anderson Power Products type connectors. Modified the winch controller to support quick disconnects at each end. IMG_3217.jpgIMG_3208-1.jpgIMG_3210.jpg

74M35A2

High school freshmen telling my middle school daughter that she looks good in her volleyball shorts. Looks like I'll be picking her up from school more often in the 925.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks