• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

Spyderman

AI had to move my S250 shelter from my M 200 trailer over to my M989A1 trailer. I have a parade on Wednesday. Then we will be going down to Knob Creek for the October Shoot.

Sent from my webslinger using Tapatalk

CARMAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Used it to pick up Paver stones, gravel base, sand, mulch, lumber and other material for my sons Eagle Scout Project. Went well. Great weather and looks awesome.

IMG_6514 (1).jpgIMG_6567.jpgIMG_6592.jpg

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Picked up some buffalo boxes and lights from a donkey down in georgia. Moved my headlights out in prep for my grille modification. Added my old puradyn bypass system onto the truck. The BCIII has a bypass filter but i believe the centrifuge will do better and the heater on it will help evaporate other things

Attachments

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Picked up some buffalo boxes and lights from a donkey down in georgia. Moved my headlights out in prep for my grille modification. Added my old puradyn bypass system onto the truck. The BCIII has a bypass filter but i believe the centrifuge will do better and the heater on it will help evaporate other things
Thing looks inbred now, the ol kitty cat is gonna tear up that Cummins

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you. I use an airless sprayer that pumps directly from the 5 gallon bucket. I've honed the right spray pressure just right. [thumbzup]
How did you set yours up to keep a reasonable flow? The lowest setting on mine is almost too much. You really have to plan out your spray pattern to keep from getting drips. It’s almost impossible to do a camo pattern with mine.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How did you set yours up to keep a reasonable flow? The lowest setting on mine is almost too much. You really have to plan out your spray pattern to keep from getting drips. It’s almost impossible to do a camo pattern with mine.
My sprayer is set below the prime pressure setting, it's almost on "roller". As for the camo pattern do an outline by hand with the brown then go back to fill in. Repeat with the black in case of any miscalculations.

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I should have tried that.

As for the camo, I just follow the old pattern. It was the amount of paint that was coming out that made it very difficult to do the tight turns without drips.

Ill try the roller setting next.

For doing one color, airless is the way to go. So fast!

77 AMG

Thanks for the compliments! It was a long drive back home, but, 600 miles at 70mph goes by at a decent pace, at least until you hit hills. Looks like it is turbo time! Oh, the looks it got while shuffling down the road... mostly "wait, what just happened?" when I would ease past other vehicles. I have some things to fix and some to replace (rear pinion seal) but, that is just part of it, right? Now, my Deuce wont be feeling lonely anymore!

77 AMG

Thanks, Ahab. The winch is functional, but, a little bit cranky to use as the PTO shaft has a slight curve in it, due to a mishap somewhere back in the past. I really need to pull the cable and oil it, as it looks pretty dry.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks