• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

CARMAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wish I had better pictures of the actual truck but this is the best I have so far. Need to hunt down other parents. After Graduation was done ( 8th grade ) took these kids to the after party (non school event) in the 923. Only about a 15 minute ride but I think i'm now the coolest dad at that school. Wait till the first day of High School!!

View attachment 731194
Here is a good one!

8th Grade Graduation.JPG

M35A2TN

You are correct, fat fingered that "6" in place of the 5! Apologies! And it is an A1. Just rechecked and it has the 855, video seller posted was of an A2 with the 8.3. Disappointed now kind of, I wanted the turbo :cry:

74M35A2

Depends. The 250 motor has a ton of off-idle torque, the 8.3L has none. Also, the 250 at idle sounds like it is going to eat people, and the 8.3L sounds like it is picking up your kids from school, or delivering your wife's Echo from Amazon.

Wow, that was the most reverse-biased post I have ever written on that topic (double-double negative?).

Regardless, congrats and welcome. Now step over here, and let me introduce you to my friends...

74M35A2

I bought a piece of scallop cut mesh camo netting (radar scattering?) to act as a sun shade over my cargo bed area, without using the cargo cover itself. Tried it on the wife's Grand Cherokee, it is like spilling spot remover on your dog:

2AC67758-57DC-43A6-8C76-2A6F322955F7.jpg 198BECCA-13E9-42AF-80A2-D8EA195047B8.jpg

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Thank you! I don't know much about 5 tons, I'll be scouring the forums for answers! Thanks again!

I am in Memphis if you need a hand. There is another member up about 20 miles north of Parker's crossroads off of I-40 in Huntingdon. There is another member with a CUCV in Milan.

If its in Carl's junction north of Joplin, MO. You have more than 5 hours home. Try 10 or so. It is 9 hours from Memphis to Springfield, MO and that is rolling in a 5ton. Especially if you go across 60 thru Missouri the hills are going to kill the small cam to a crawl on a few of them. If you come down 63 thru Hardy and down into Memphis from West Plains thru to almost walnut ridge you will only average around 50mph.

Last edited:

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought a piece of scallop cut mesh camo netting (radar scattering?) to act as a sun shade over my cargo bed area, without using the cargo cover itself. Tried it on the wife's Grand Cherokee, it is like spilling spot remover on your dog:

View attachment 731580 View attachment 731581
You might want to get a few more to hide some miscellaneous parts piles...

Roughly how much does it weigh, I’m wondering how much easier it is to handle than the cargo cover?

74M35A2

Yep, just bought a complete convoy light kit to throw atop the stash. May look silly with an LWS and convoy light kit though, so will have some canvas light covers made up.

Weighs nothing. Maybe same as an empty duffle bag, or less.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks