• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

wsucougarx

Well, it appears I do in fact have 5 ton fever. However, I don't even have my M923 yet:-0.
2- Solarzigers
VIC-1 System (6 stations;-) )
MT-1029 w/RT-246
MT-1898 w/R-442
Spare Auto Tranny Shifter Assy (NOS)
Underbumper shackle Assy
Aux Military Driving Lights
IR Military Lights
Winter/Cold Weather Mask
MX-6707 w/AS-1729 x2
Fender Mounted Antenna Mount
Bedside Mounted Antenna Mount
3 Color Camo Cargo Cover w/staves and bows
4 Jerry Can mounts (mudflap and toolbox mounted)
Coolant Filter Assy
Tons of TM's
M11 Decon bottle
NOS Bumper Steps
Dash Rifle Mounts
Exhaust stack Flapper
Blue Cummins Engine Emblem (they seem to be all missing off the engines)

Future purchases once I get her home:
Battery Relocation Kit
16.00x20's

Last edited:

diverman555

In Memorial
In Memorial
My 115 lb wife and I took the rt. front 250 lb tire off and put it in the pick up, new tube and put back on. She did most of the work. Replaced all filters, and fluids. Drained fuel system cleaned all the front lawn someone planted in my fuel tank, or so it looked. we did not put the lawn back in the tank. Then replaced the filter again and replaced the o-rings on the primer pump to get it to work good again. Lots more to do.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well lets see, I picked up my 925 a couple months ago and I have replaced the soft top with a hard top, completely stripped the troop seats off this includes all the metal associated with them stripped sanded and painted everything then re installed them. Put an new tach cable on the truck, re-routed an air line that was sitting on the drive shaft to the hydraulic pump, have taken all the tires/wheels off and sanded and repainted, changed all the diff fluids, replaced the abspestos gasket between the muffler and the stack and now waiting for my refurbished seats to come back, Yes I have been busy!
KK

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Diverman I dont know what it is but there is something about Blondes and OD Green that just gets a guy going, YOU are a luck man on both counts!
KK

diverman555

In Memorial
In Memorial
I think I am so lucky it's unreal, she is a woman though and I hear oh I'm getting old and fat. she weighs 115 lb and is 42, I am 58 I sure don't think she is old and I laugh and tell her the only thing on her that's fat is me.lol The pic of her on the truck is from a week ago, she has bigger guns than a huey.lol

sbkarmen

Well I put a nice stereo system in the bad boy, amps, inverter(s), cigerette lighter for the cell phone and Nav., put some decent carpet form home depot down in the bed, another 110v inverter for some BS stuff, got a ladder of another MV (don't know what it was off of) and mounted it to the tail gate, and finally got it all wired up nice and neat. I'll try to get some photos later. Now trying to get some info and find me a turbo, those **** 53" tires don't give me any speed up hill, although the GPS shows 71 mph @ 2100 RPM!

dezert ratt

The axles are a little cramped for room, where is a good spot to lift with a bottle jack? Im not sure if the center of the pumkin is strong enough to jack with a bottle jack on the drain plug .? What do you guys do?

dezert ratt

The axles are a little cramped for room, where is a good spot to lift with a bottle jack? Im not sure if the center of the pumkin is strong enough to jack with a bottle jack on the drain plug .? What do you guys do?
I just read the tm. It says to jack the axle up from the center (pumpkin). I guess that answers my question somewhat. Still unclear about using a bottle jack in the same manner ( the bottle jack will contact a smaller area) vs a floor jack.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just finished up fixing the convoy light so that it doesn't bounce around like a jack in the box, and then took the dash apart, cleaned up all my gauges, and reassembled. Gauges look brand new now.:mrgreen::jumpin:

Vintage iron

I bought my M813 last year. I did the basics first. Did a full lube and service, replaced all the wheel seals, flush the fuel system, replaced all the rubber fuel lines.

Modifications that are complete:
added 1 1/2 spacers and longer studs on the front axle to make more room for bigger rubber
put on 1600R20 Michelin XZL's with combat wheels
under bumper shackle mounts
HID light bar
level winder and tensioner on the winch

Modifications that are in the works:
replacing the Cummins 250 with a Cummins 290 NTC big cam
rear of cab exhaust with extended stack
passengers side air intake with snorkel
rear shocks
bullet proof glass and first generation Irac conflict armor
Gun truck build with twin .50 cal mounts
dump bed and bed mounted crane
air ride driver seat

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks