• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I put my truck in its first parade and it did great! Gave the crowd a chance to smell diesel exhaust without after treatment (a rarity these days), and blared the horn a few times. I was in the back behind 3 WWII flat fenders and an M37 w/trailer - low turnout this year for MVs. Most folks and vets said they had forgotten how big a "deuce and a half " was....lol.
20190503_174922.jpg

image004.jpg

Did a car show the next day.

20190504_094045.jpg

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I put my truck in its first parade and it did great! Gave the crowd a chance to smell diesel exhaust without after treatment (a rarity these days), and blared the horn a few times. I was in the back behind 3 WWII flat fenders and an M37 w/trailer - low turnout this year for MVs. Most folks and vets said they had forgotten how big a "deuce and a half " was....lol.
View attachment 764787

View attachment 764788

Did a car show the next day.

View attachment 764789
Last parade I put my truck in I got scolded for not rolling down my windows to wave like all the other 5 ton drivers were doing. My response of "im not stupid, July and I've got air conditioning " went over pretty well considering the other drivers were soaked in sweat

Valley Rock

Big wheeler cat peeler
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I scored these 7 14.00x20 Goodyears on rims with CTIS for my M931A2, now I will have all matching and hopefully non leaking tires .

Went up the big 5 road and grabbed these yesterday, trailer wheel bearing **** the bed on the way home, had fun changing that in a parking lot conveniently located across from a Vato-Zone that literally had everything I needed .

Packed all the others while I was at it, who knew they needed grease ? :lol:

Attachments

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I scored these 7 14.00x20 Goodyears on rims with CTIS for my M931A2, now I will have all matching and hopefully non leaking tires .

Went up the big 5 road and grabbed these yesterday, trailer wheel bearing **** the bed on the way home, had fun changing that in a parking lot conveniently located across from a Vato-Zone that literally had everything I needed .

Packed all the others while I was at it, who knew they needed grease ? :lol:
I hope they are round, the GY AT-2 on my M929A2 were egg shaped, probably from sitting flat for too long. Gotta love orings and CTIS.

HASSON1911

Finally bought another after having deep regrets of selling my last 923. Planning on a new paint job this summer and trying to find some new shoes for it. Financially looking at the MVT tires. I know this truck has properly been taken care of considering it was "1 Patriot-of-many" truck. Thanks again and nice meeting you.

Attachments

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Finally bought another after having deep regrets of selling my last 923. Planning on a new paint job this summer and trying to find some new shoes for it. Financially looking at the MVT tires. I know this truck has properly been taken care of considering it was "1 Patriot-of-many" truck. Thanks again and nice meeting you.

Good luck with your new truck. Recidivism in action....yea.

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I drove my M934 to Wendy's.

20190524_122030.jpg

I'm finding out though, that it's **** near impossible to stealth camp in it. I'm homeless and living in it, and towing my M1031 behind it.. and it's tractor trailer length long.. no one wants it in their parking lot....

I'm thinking of getting a 932A2 and putting an M109 box on it... or possibly a Uhaul type box.. heh. that should cut down on the length a bit.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Weenie, you're not homeless, you have a 934... that's a "Mobil home". If you make it to KY, you can stealth camp on the back 40... Stay safe brother.

Spyderman

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have been wanting to do something like this. Might have to steal it. Lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I may have added some complexity to the panel since I have access to a laser cutter at work but the u-bolt approach is a clean, simple way to mount a radio/intercom to the roof. It looks intrusive but none of the components touch my head or my passenger's heads.

Last edited:

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Weenie, you're not homeless, you have a 934... that's a "Mobil home". If you make it to KY, you can stealth camp on the back 40... Stay safe brother.
So far the only thing I have back there is a bed and a composting toilet... heh.. It keeps me out of the weather.... so I can't complain.

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Personally I would keep the CTIS, somebody on here said to use a pair of locking air line clamps to isolate the quick release valves one at a time then move on to the hose on either side of the QRV on that axle, then drill down from there.. I have a feeling it's the front axle left side that is causing the 5 lights from the getgo. If you decide to toss the CTIS, give me a shot at the ctis parts please. I could use some spare stuff for the wrecker which is staying here. It was a pleasure meeting you and your dad.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks