Page 824 of 843 FirstFirst ... 324 724 774 814 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 834 ... LastLast
Results 8,231 to 8,240 of 8429

Thread: What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

  1. #8231
    4 Star General Buffalobwana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Frisco Texas
    Posts
    1,131
    Thanks
    232
    Thanked 590 Times in 367 Posts

    Default

    You can hold more than that! That’s only 5 tons! Everyone knows 5 tons really means 10 tons!

    It sure does ride better with a few tons in the bed. When I headed down to Houston with a full load of water and supplies for Harvey, it rode great. Trip back was a bit rough!
    Hunter, fisherman, international man of intrigue.
    M923A2 camo
    M923A2 Tan
    M931A2 camo
    M105A2 sold
    M101A2 (4 at last count)
    M1101 (2 - green one and Tan one)
    Two M1082

  2. #8232
    4 Star General Floridianson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Interlachen Fl.
    Posts
    5,742
    Thanks
    2,375
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 1,462 Posts

    Default

    Started the new year out right and sold three 817's today.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Floridianson; 01-04-2019 at 18:08.
    Real trucks don't have spark plugs! Me strong as bull smart as tractor. James

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Floridianson For This Useful Post:

    tobyS (01-06-2019)

  4. #8233
    I'm the dude, man. Steel Soldiers Vendor simp5782's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    6,547
    Thanks
    106
    Thanked 6,249 Times in 2,745 Posts

    Default

    when you start the year with a mild case of the flu and you still gotta break down some blown out tires. You know its going to be one of those years.

    Logged 600 miles yesterday up to the yard and back battling the same sickness though.

    I remembered why i had soo many wheels laying around with blown out tires. Cause it is just so much fun to get those alligators off.

    I think is even funnier is that an AT2 casing that one my other trucks that blew out on July 4th when a buddy was driving it was across town in Memphis. The casing came off the tire and just left the belt as you see from the one wheel. The casing is still on the side of the road down that way cause the city workers won't pick it up.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2008 F-250 6.4L Powerstroke
    1984 AM General M923A1 ( Big Cam III NTC-400, HT4B turbo, Intercooled, #10 button, Dual fuel Line setup - MRAP Aluminum Radiator - 7" Ram Air Intake system - Dual 115 gallon tanks - Air Conditioning - 145amp alternator - Puradyn Oil Bypass system, CAT 7155 16speed transmission, Oshkosh 55000 Transfer Case, riding on 16.00 AT-3s on HEMTT wheels. )
    M923A1
    M931A2
    M1083
    M1078
    M796 Bolster
    M322 Equipment Trailer
    MEP-804A


    901-318-8353 for Help in and or around the Memphis area or transporting in the southeast. Text me first before calling.

    Tires (HMMWV, 395s, 1600s) and Transportation Vendor

    Wes

    Videos at https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=5782simp

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTd...D4dOJidPFnmYGA

  5. #8234
    Colonel US6x4's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Wenatchee, WA
    Posts
    202
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 89 Times in 51 Posts

    Default

    My wife was cool enough to get me some army truck parts for Christmas so I got the ratty seat cushion replaced.

    20181226_150844.jpg

  6. #8235
    Colonel Ajax MD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Mayo, MD
    Posts
    331
    Thanks
    84
    Thanked 228 Times in 133 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simp5782 View Post
    when you start the year with a mild case of the flu and you still gotta break down some blown out tires. You know its going to be one of those years.

    Logged 600 miles yesterday up to the yard and back battling the same sickness though.

    I remembered why i had soo many wheels laying around with blown out tires. Cause it is just so much fun to get those alligators off.

    I think is even funnier is that an AT2 casing that one my other trucks that blew out on July 4th when a buddy was driving it was across town in Memphis. The casing came off the tire and just left the belt as you see from the one wheel. The casing is still on the side of the road down that way cause the city workers won't pick it up.
    You need some OJ and to take a rest! I wondered how I'd get a shredded tire off of a wheel and the only strategy I could think of, was to use a cut off wheel to cut the tire near at the bead in several locations so I could pull it off the wheel. How did you do it?
    Motorpool:

    (Isn't owning one of this insanity enough??)
    1971 M813 "Ox" (named for Dewey Oxburger)

  7. #8236
    Private
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Riverside CA
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    42
    Thanked 17 Times in 7 Posts

    Default

    This past weekend I finally finished building a winch assembly to lift the spare tire into its designated location. My truck is running the oversized 16.00xR20's which really limit headroom with the boom. So, I fabricated a bracket to adapt a Champion 2000lb ATV winch to the boom roller. Here's a youtube link for those interested:
    Or search for "5ton Spare Tire Winch"
    Attached is a picture of the assembly prior to install on boom.WinchAssy.jpg

  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vvwilkins For This Useful Post:

    Aussie Bloke (01-08-2019), Buffalobwana (01-07-2019), tobyS (01-07-2019)

  9. #8237
    4 Star General Buffalobwana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Frisco Texas
    Posts
    1,131
    Thanks
    232
    Thanked 590 Times in 367 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vvwilkins View Post
    This past weekend I finally finished building a winch assembly to lift the spare tire into its designated location. My truck is running the oversized 16.00xR20's which really limit headroom with the boom. So, I fabricated a bracket to adapt a Champion 2000lb ATV winch to the boom roller. Here's a youtube link for those interested:
    Or search for "5ton Spare Tire Winch"
    Attached is a picture of the assembly prior to install on boom.WinchAssy.jpg
    I bought a 2000 lb Warn winch for this exact reason. For $99 it’s hard to beat.

    Now, I just need to do what you did and install the darn thing!

    Well done.
    Hunter, fisherman, international man of intrigue.
    M923A2 camo
    M923A2 Tan
    M931A2 camo
    M105A2 sold
    M101A2 (4 at last count)
    M1101 (2 - green one and Tan one)
    Two M1082

  10. #8238
    Colonel Ajax MD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Mayo, MD
    Posts
    331
    Thanks
    84
    Thanked 228 Times in 133 Posts

    Default

    Wow, amazing.

  11. #8239
    4 Star General Buffalobwana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Frisco Texas
    Posts
    1,131
    Thanks
    232
    Thanked 590 Times in 367 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax MD View Post
    You need some OJ and to take a rest! I wondered how I'd get a shredded tire off of a wheel and the only strategy I could think of, was to use a cut off wheel to cut the tire near at the bead in several locations so I could pull it off the wheel. How did you do it?
    I might try bolt cutters for the bead, that way you won’t bugger up your rim. Just a thought.
    Hunter, fisherman, international man of intrigue.
    M923A2 camo
    M923A2 Tan
    M931A2 camo
    M105A2 sold
    M101A2 (4 at last count)
    M1101 (2 - green one and Tan one)
    Two M1082

  12. #8240
    I'm the dude, man. Steel Soldiers Vendor simp5782's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    6,547
    Thanks
    106
    Thanked 6,249 Times in 2,745 Posts

    Default

    When it's just a small bead left and not much tire you use your crowbar and drive the bead down with the crowbar flat across the wheel. Unlike if the tire is still attached where you are trying to drive the crowbar in to release the bead from the wheel. With no tire integrity left there is no bead resistance for driving it down
    2008 F-250 6.4L Powerstroke
    1984 AM General M923A1 ( Big Cam III NTC-400, HT4B turbo, Intercooled, #10 button, Dual fuel Line setup - MRAP Aluminum Radiator - 7" Ram Air Intake system - Dual 115 gallon tanks - Air Conditioning - 145amp alternator - Puradyn Oil Bypass system, CAT 7155 16speed transmission, Oshkosh 55000 Transfer Case, riding on 16.00 AT-3s on HEMTT wheels. )
    M923A1
    M931A2
    M1083
    M1078
    M796 Bolster
    M322 Equipment Trailer
    MEP-804A


    901-318-8353 for Help in and or around the Memphis area or transporting in the southeast. Text me first before calling.

    Tires (HMMWV, 395s, 1600s) and Transportation Vendor

    Wes

    Videos at https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=5782simp

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTd...D4dOJidPFnmYGA

Page 824 of 843 FirstFirst ... 324 724 774 814 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 834 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 5 ton vs 10 ton
    By m.walker in forum 5-ton and up
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 04-25-2018, 00:45
  2. 5 ton pricing!?
    By TadB in forum 5-ton and up
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 10-18-2015, 07:21
  3. 5 ton drama..
    By Rene M in forum 5-ton and up
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-01-2010, 21:38
  4. Warner Robbins Ga. A2C's
    By TIGERFANS2 in forum The Deuce
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 12-03-2009, 07:04
  5. 5 ton towing a 55 ton tank
    By davesgmc in forum 5-ton and up
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 06-14-2009, 22:30

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •