• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

vvwilkins

My M923A2 on the Internet: Earlier this year I was invited to participate in some local Jeep events. Randy from NotARubicon Productions compiled a couple of videos to document. First is a YouTube "walk-around" interview, the second is an Amazon Prime production in conjunction with IN4LO, Season 2, Episode 2 titled "Beginners IN4LO". I greatly appreciated their openness and inclusion to the trails we rolled. Hope you enjoy - I tried my best to accurately represent our 5ton community. Note, I receive ZERO financial compensation - of any kind - by my participation or your viewing of the following videos - simply the fun of participating and representing our 5ton community...

YouTube Video: Interview-Walk-Around (7min)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DC2J22SZMh0

Amazon Prime Video "Beginners INLO": Free if you have Amazon Prime!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...70a-ec14b742a85a&pf_rd_r=KDPP4Z25NS7GB05YDA0T

-v

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My M923A2 on the Internet: Earlier this year I was invited to participate in some local Jeep events. Randy from NotARubicon Productions compiled a couple of videos to document. First is a YouTube "walk-around" interview, the second is an Amazon Prime production in conjunction with IN4LO, Season 2, Episode 2 titled "Beginners IN4LO". I greatly appreciated their openness and inclusion to the trails we rolled. Hope you enjoy - I tried my best to accurately represent our 5ton community. Note, I receive ZERO financial compensation - of any kind - by my participation or your viewing of the following videos - simply the fun of participating and representing our 5ton community...

YouTube Video: Interview-Walk-Around (7min)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DC2J22SZMh0

Amazon Prime Video "Beginners INLO": Free if you have Amazon Prime!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...70a-ec14b742a85a&pf_rd_r=KDPP4Z25NS7GB05YDA0T

-v
Interesting ... I just watched it this morning because it came up on my feed. ! Had no idea it was a members ride.

The video was edited very well. Nice work on the truck. I saw a lot of the things you did to the truck that you didn’t talk about. Alternator, headlight control, roll meters side to side and up and down, cameras etc. what I couldn’t quite tell was, are those 16.00’s?

vvwilkins

You are Very observant :) Yes, the truck is rolling on a fresh set of 16's from War-Time-Finds (WTF). My comment about the 10 lug nuts and 10 rim nuts being a "Long Day" was specifically about spending 3 weekends doing the tire changes on 6 rims. Best upgrade done to the truck so far. Yes, new Alternator and LED Headlights (they really work great). Added the roll indicators (inclinometers: pitch & roll) for off-roading. I always run with a pair of GoPros, primarily for insurance purposes in case of an incident. I've also added an EGT and Boost gauge - very helpful in monitoring the vehicles health. Truck hits about 21 psi of boost. Additionally, i installed both a CB and amateur radio equipment (Technicians License: KM6-Oscar-Zulu-Tango).
Thank You for watching and commenting. Just trying to do my part in representing.

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Installed a 275amp Delco Alternator. Seller on Ebay had it listed as a 175amp for $450 NIB but he took the $360 offer. Alternator also has remote sense which is a plus.

Replaced 2 sets of piston rings and upgraded the heads to BC4 heads.

Attachments

J4Jenius

Going through the basics of getting my M936 running. Fuel system cleaning and troubleshooting. Lube, oil, etc. Spent more time reading forums here and researching TMs than actually working on truck.

It does make me happy to walk into the shop, turn on the lights and say, "Well Hello Fluffy."

Congratulations to the men here that have girlfriends or wives that love to wrench on old iron... and work on trucks. Lol. God has smiled upon you for sure.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Installed a 275amp Delco Alternator. Seller on Ebay had it listed as a 175amp for $450 NIB but he took the $360 offer. Alternator also has remote sense which is a plus.

Replaced 2 sets of piston rings and upgraded the heads to BC4 heads.
If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits eighty-eight miles per hour… you’re gonna see some serious sh.!

Another Ahab

What IS remote sense mean in an Alternator (like sensing what exactly)?

You know, simp5782, it's just me, curious but not really much smart...

AA.jpg

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Remote sense is a port that you can run from the alternator to the battery or other point on the truck where voltage maybe less than desired. This is an unloaded wire that sees voltage and tells the alternator to output more since it can not see its voltage drop down a wire that it may loosen from alternator to battery or interior. Alternator puts out 28v at it, and the battery, PCB box reads 27.8 volts. However ij the cab at the power wire for my battery gauge it only displays 27.3 volts. So if I wanted to tag in there it would bump up more power so that the gauge would get 28v of power.

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
bought a big turd today, once the EUC clears I’ll be rolling i40 headed to Georgia from CA, if anyone needs anything hauled I’m reasonable

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Blasted, primed, and painted these two M817's. Still plenty more work to do on them before I call them done.
Those look like nice trucks. I liked mine... did a lot of work with it.
Don't forget the radiator cover....a rock or stick into the open area would not be good and this stuff is cheap.

I'd gladly give up my M929A2 for one of the 7 ton dumps.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks