• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

antennaclimber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What freq range did you sweep and how did it look? What you gonna hook up to it?
I was sweeping the 26-55 MHz region. It does not do so well in the 11 meter band but does do well in the 6 meter band.
Its a MX6707 base that has a switch on the bottom to change frequency ranges.

So the CB band is not so good but the 52 MHz region looks good for FM simplex work.

Choppers

I cleaned out the bed. Found four tires on rims, a cargo cover with bows, three railroad cross ties, a 20 ton Jack stand, a 20 ton Bottle jack, a gallon jug of kerosene, five 12 gauge shells, three petrified peppermint patties and a dead bird. I know there was alot of stuff back there.

antennaclimber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Antennaclimber, you don't happen to be another Dx'er by chance? Used to be into that sort of thing myself
I chase some CW DX on 30 meters from time to time. Now Field Day, that's a very serious event for our group.

Attachments

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I was sweeping the 26-55 MHz region. It does not do so well in the 11 meter band but does do well in the 6 meter band.
Its a MX6707 base that has a switch on the bottom to change frequency ranges.

So the CB band is not so good but the 52 MHz region looks good for FM simplex work.
I've got a base with selectable ranges. I was thinking about gutting it and forming my own loading coils to make something that could cover 80 (maybe 160m if possible) to 6m. Kinda been wanting to setup a clansman radio in my HMMWV with something like that.

CMPPhil

Drove the parts heap around yesterday, testing out a new blend of WMO/ATF/POE/RUG/D2 mix.
Hi

Great photo, hope you upload it so more people will see it. Or enter it MV of the month. Like the photo because the detail of the truck show and it is not lost in the background, OD vehicles are hard to photograph guess that's why they picked the color.

Cheers Phil

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Hi

Great photo, hope you upload it so more people will see it. Or enter it MV of the month. Like the photo because the detail of the truck show and it is not lost in the background, OD vehicles are hard to photograph guess that's why they picked the color.

Cheers Phil
5DF0A9DB-501F-4F85-9EE5-F79A5179D9DA.jpg

Does that work better?

Finallygotone

Grenade.jpgJerry Can.jpgMounted to fake Grenades on each side in the front, threaded them 5/8"X11 Threads Per Inch bolt, drilled and tapped 1/4"X20 TPI using an all thread rod, fastened at the bottom with a Nylon nut, went to this fancy flea market with my wife, high quality furniture and other nice items spotted two Jerry cans, got them both for 20, he did not know the value of them, just about impossible to find in this part of S.W. La. got it mounted for now but will have it blasted and painted for the next round of pictures. took a few short rides on the back road here in the woods my wife loved it, now she is wanting to drive it, hope that don't start ??????
Change the Engine oil and filter, going to the others next, so I will have a maintaince record.

Last edited:

antennaclimber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got a base with selectable ranges. I was thinking about gutting it and forming my own loading coils to make something that could cover 80 (maybe 160m if possible) to 6m. Kinda been wanting to setup a clansman radio in my HMMWV with something like that.
The Tar Heel antennas are good for HF. I have a couple of them. Remote tune-able from the radio or a separate switch.

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I installed a new M816 flood light switch and data plate on my M813 for future off-road lights or light bar.
View attachment 756758

I went at it from the passenger side trying to pop the knockout out and I got stuck in my cab. I couldn't move forward or backward, had the tranny shifter up my jacket, the t-case shifter in my left pocket, and the winch lever jabbing into my hip. I got freed finally but it took some effort & a few muscle spasm to do it...
Where did you get the tag? I'd love the OEM look in my M934.

You coming to the annual campout in Chehalis (Winlock?)

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter

smokem joe

Fixed a tire that leaked badly. Rust all over around the oring. Guess I should do the other 5 soon too. Anyone know for sure that the thread size on combat wheels is 3/4-16? I want to buy a thread chaser to cut the rust off the threads

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks