• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

71DeuceAK

Went and visited the M928 I've had since last August for the first time, having bought it sight unseen. I'll attach pictures in another post later when not exhausted in a hotel room mid-trip in a 5 ton, but myself and fellow member 98G stuffed a soft top on it with copious amounts of Gorilla tape and I threw tons of trash out of the cab. Took a bunch of pictures for a potential sale post as I'm soon to be dealing with another truck that actually runs, so I think I will be selling this project in the near future, as someone is interested.

77 AMG

More pictures (from the car show that I took the "Beastie Wagon" to)

Okay. I quit with the picture thing. 2200 hrs now, and NOW, the site won't even bother to try and upload the pictures. :soapbox:

Last edited:

EO2NMCB

IMG_4250.jpgIMG_4251.jpgIMG_4252.jpgIMG_4255.jpgIMG_4256.jpg

Replaced pinion seal that started leaking a few years ago. I think I know why it was leaking lol. Thanks to those that have done write up's on the repair, made it an easy job learning from others experience!

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter

SCM35A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Goodluck, those things are notorious for continuing to malfunction even after rebuild. Junk purge valve design.
Been reading that too, I'm going to try & see what happens & if it continues to purge then I'll order one like you installed on your truck.

Jericho

I rebuilt mine, waste of time and money continued to leak, Replaced it with a Mrap air dryer if i remember right, Got it here was direct bolt in better unit , never had an issue in 3 years since

rbr0203

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Its a pp8 bendix/Haldex #102837. They use a pp1 valve body

It has a bad seal so it is bypassing to the exhaust. typical on old stuff.
Changed it out with a new one and it works well now. The pressure builds but im now afraid that the pressure goes too high. The aux tank built pressure faster than the main and didnt stop at 120psi. I think the tech manual says that its supposed to cut off at 120psi but i could be wrong. Maybe a sensor went bad? what do you think? im kinda at a loss as to where to start.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Changed it out with a new one and it works well now. The pressure builds but im now afraid that the pressure goes too high. The aux tank built pressure faster than the main and didnt stop at 120psi. I think the tech manual says that its supposed to cut off at 120psi but i could be wrong. Maybe a sensor went bad? what do you think? im kinda at a loss as to where to start.
Does your horn work? Do your wipers work? If not then you have a bad pressure protection valve. If your horn and wipers work, you need to remove the metal line from the top of the air compressor. You need to have it off when the pressure reaches 120psi and see if you have air coming out of it at that psi. If you do then you got a stuck unloader in the compressor causing it to continuously run and not shut off. If you do not have air on that metal line but your wipers and horn do work then you have a bad air governor.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks