• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

Another Ahab

fixed a brake chamber leak
It'll drive a body bananas, you know?

The word is that "rubber does not break down" and so that's why used tires are such a big problem...

Meanwhile it seems like everything rubber on the rigs goes to "poop" in just a few years.

The Gods roar with Laughter!!!

BenRoberts

Certified insane
It'll drive a body bananas, you know?

The word is that "rubber does not break down" and so that's why used tires are such a big problem...

Meanwhile it seems like everything rubber on the rigs goes to "poop" in just a few years.

The Gods roar with Laughter!!!
Breaks down just enough to make my Chambers leak

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
* I installed a super duty flagpole holder in the bed. The 1.25” sch 40 pipe will bend before the mount will break.
* Replaced the air dryer with a SKF Brakemaster 2000 air dryer. Supposed to be a straight swap out, but it took some drilling and hunting down extra fittings to make the lines work (maybe my rebuild truck had a different air dryer setup than stock A2’s?). Anyway. It’s done.
* And finally, probably the easiest moderate sized replacement parts I have ever put on my truck. I replaced the front shocks. Oreiley had the Monroe shock that fits, but they wanted $90/shock. Amazon had them for $63 each w free shipping.

A year ago, I hauled a full truckload of cottonseed in the bed.

Never. Again. Ever.
9E99FEDA-DC29-4231-B34C-9E95CD37079F.jpg

I managed to make some headway in cleaning cottonseed off every horizontal surface on and under the truck. The transmission, transfer case, frame rails ... any place thats flat, has cottonseed on it. Bad idea.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
* I installed a super duty flagpole holder in the bed. The 1.25” sch 40 pipe will bend before the mount will break.
* Replaced the air dryer with a SKF Brakemaster 2000 air dryer. Supposed to be a straight swap out, but it took some drilling and hunting down extra fittings to make the lines work (maybe my rebuild truck had a different air dryer setup than stock A2’s?). Anyway. It’s done.
* And finally, probably the easiest moderate sized replacement parts I have ever put on my truck. I replaced the front shocks. Oreiley had the Monroe shock that fits, but they wanted $90/shock. Amazon had them for $63 each w free shipping.

A year ago, I hauled a full truckload of cottonseed in the bed.

Never. Again. Ever.
View attachment 770117

I managed to make some headway in cleaning cottonseed off every horizontal surface on and under the truck. The transmission, transfer case, frame rails ... any place thats flat, has cottonseed on it. Bad idea.
Gabriel makes a fleet shock that is a replacement. it is adjustable as Normal, Firm, and extra firm selection on it. They run about $40 each on Ebay. They have lasted a good bit on my truck. Gabriel # 89429

cnichols

Help ASAP please!! New to the group and to owning a M925A2. In anticipation of the flooding of Baton Rouge from hurricane Berry I pulled the truck out to stretch its legs. Drove 10-15 miles last couple days w no issues but on a quick outing today started to get a “low air “ alarm. At idle truck maintains about 30psi and 40-45 at high idle. Crawled every inch of the truck and don’t have any obvious air leaks. Do hear what I think is some air from the drivers side of the engine but hard to tell when engine is running. ANY help would be greatly appreciated as rivers are expected to rise in the next couple days and truck is disabled in a lower spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Help ASAP please!! New to the group and to owning a M925A2. In anticipation of the flooding of Baton Rouge from hurricane Berry I pulled the truck out to stretch its legs. Drove 10-15 miles last couple days w no issues but on a quick outing today started to get a “low air “ alarm. At idle truck maintains about 30psi and 40-45 at high idle. Crawled every inch of the truck and don’t have any obvious air leaks. Do hear what I think is some air from the drivers side of the engine but hard to tell when engine is running. ANY help would be greatly appreciated as rivers are expected to rise in the next couple days and truck is disabled in a lower spot.

Make sure your front and rear red emergency gladhands are closed. Next make sure all your tank vents are closed by your passengers step.

Next crawl under the truck and check your air dryer. This is behind the transfer case. Put your palm up against the bottom plastic piece and see if you feel any air coming from that. Take your soap and water spray bottle along too. If you feel air. You can push that lower inside section back closed. That is a gummed up purge valve. There is a rebuild kits. Or remove it and try to lube it up. Or replace the air dryer

Next. Remove the line from the back of the compressor and check for pressure. If should be alot of forceful air with it removed. If you have it then reattach it and go to the next step. If it has no air pressure or not much then report back and we will go from there

If they are good. You need to crawl under the truck on the passengers side. You will have an air tank on the inside of the frame rail called a wet tank. Should be in front of the transfer case. That tank has 2 valves on it. one shut off valve on the front of it. And one on the top side of it. Close only 1 of the valve and see which tank gauge increases pressure. If it doesnt then open the valve and close the other and see what happens. If pressure increased on one of the other report back and we can go from there

A bad spring brake diaphragm can cause the same symptoms. Diagnostics for it are to use a spray bottle.and spray them to check for air bubbles

cnichols

Make sure your front and rear red emergency gladhands are closed. Next make sure all your tank vents are closed by your passengers step.

Next crawl under the truck and check your air dryer. This is behind the transfer case. Put your palm up against the bottom plastic piece and see if you feel any air coming from that. Take your soap and water spray bottle along too. If you feel air. You can push that lower inside section back closed. That is a gummed up purge valve. There is a rebuild kits. Or remove it and try to lube it up. Or replace the air dryer

Next. Remove the line from the back of the compressor and check for pressure. If should be alot of forceful air with it removed. If you have it then reattach it and go to the next step. If it has no air pressure or not much then report back and we will go from there

If they are good. You need to crawl under the truck on the passengers side. You will have an air tank on the inside of the frame rail called a wet tank. Should be in front of the transfer case. That tank has 2 valves on it. one shut off valve on the front of it. And one on the top side of it. Close only 1 of the valve and see which tank gauge increases pressure. If it doesnt then open the valve and close the other and see what happens. If pressure increased on one of the other report back and we can go from there

A bad spring brake diaphragm can cause the same symptoms. Diagnostics for it are to use a spray bottle.and spray them to check for air bubbles

Thanks!! I replaced the drier and purge valve about 8 months ago but will start w that.

fasttruck

If all the things in post 8553 don't work try tweaking the air pump governor which is usually mounted on the firewall. You didn't say if you left home with full air pressure and it went down or it wouldn't build air pressure from the start. A stuck governor will also inhibit building air pressure. Some times a tap with a rubber hammer will straighten them out.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Yep.... she's race ready.!! Oh nice truck too..!!!
If all the things in post 8553 don't work try tweaking the air pump governor which is usually mounted on the firewall. You didn't say if you left home with full air pressure and it went down or it wouldn't build air pressure from the start. A stuck governor will also inhibit building air pressure. Some times a tap with a rubber hammer will straighten them out.
Incorrect
It will not on a 939 series truck. The governor does not even get any air to it until the wet tank reaches 60psi and opens the pressure protection valve. This supplies air to the governor and all dash board air functions. The governor sends air to the unloader to tell it to turn off and stop building air. if it has no air to it the unloader should not engage and the compressor should run all the time. One reason to pull the discharge line off the compressor. If it has no air pressure coming from.it then it is a bad unloader, head, or the unloader is stuck

The gauges receive their input from the treadle valve which is supplied directly from the primary and secondary tanks via the engine bay.

74M35A2

Good diag procedure. You can pump air into the truck with a gas powered air compressor if you really need to move it by driving to save it from swimming, then fix it later. 925’s are not cheap anymore.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks