• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

SLOrazorsedge

Vintage Iron, dang, how about a web page for those of us who don't to FB? I'm trying to talk a guy out of his complete NTC 400 Big Cam for my M936A1 future project, he's pretty proud of it right now...:-0(

Another Ahab

What's crazy, some of the blue crab sold in Maryland. Comes from Florida!!
What's even crazier is that some of the blue crab sold in Maryland comes from Thailand (I believe I read that somewhere a while back). :cookoo:

To keep on thread here, I bet you could fit a LOT of crab on the bed of a five ton.

Last edited:

therooster2001

Replaced the LQ2, Then went to take the big guy to enter it in a car show, and a torque rod blew out on the way home. Was braking at a stop light, luckily only going about 10 mph. Scary feeling. Back end felt like it was sliding out (the middle axle was twisting).. Got it through one more light then on the side of the road. Limped to a parking lot. Doesn't appear to be any other damage. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436016732.214904.jpgGot helped by a Rock crawler. Aligned the rod and winched it and pounded it back on, then ratchet strapped it the best I could to hold it. Back to the garage awaiting some love, and a thorough check of the others.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436016649.293733.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1436016676.417037.jpg

battlecat

Changed the engine oil and filters. Small mess in the driveway.

69.00 for five gallons of 15/40 oil at tractor supply. (I think I need some more).
32.00 for filters from NAPA.

Washed the Air filter out with dish soap and some bleach (waiting for that to dry off).

Ordered the master cylinder rebuild kit...

Saw a guy coming towards NH with a Bobbed out deuce enjoying the day, trucked looked sweet tooling down the road. [thumbzup]

General Hood

Serviced both M923s: oil & filter change, replaced wiper blades, greased zerks front to rear
Then outfitted both trucks with: 40ton bottle jacks, wheel chocks, slave cable jumpers, slave cable impact w/ lug nut socket, spare tire chain hoists, flares, reflective hazard triangles, and fire extinguishers. Neither of the trucks had these accessory items when purchased. Learned early in life (Boy Scouts) to Be Prepared, and I felt the need to stock both trucks for emergency situations. I have a long want list, but at least I'm making a start.:)

battlecat

Serviced both M923s: oil & filter change, replaced wiper blades, greased zerks front to rear
Then outfitted both trucks with: 40ton bottle jacks, wheel chocks, slave cable jumpers, slave cable impact w/ lug nut socket, spare tire chain hoists, flares, reflective hazard triangles, and fire extinguishers. Neither of the trucks had these accessory items when purchased. Learned early in life (Boy Scouts) to Be Prepared, and I felt the need to stock both trucks for emergency situations. I have a long want list, but at least I'm making a start.:)

Good call, I'm adding all of the above to the must have list.. :ditto:

Shelby1962

Drove my M813 for the first time, first few miles I was a bit nervous- never drove anything this Big before. After the third time out I was Doing fine. Now I have a laundry list of little things that need attention.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks