• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

big block 88

Got a good friends 923 here for a make over. Its going the same dark green/brown as our 925. Had to replace a brake pot on the rear, new mrap air dryer waiting to go in, and tmg battery cut off switch.

Only thing i have run into is the **** low air alarm goes off occasionally and wont turn off. Im hoping the new dryer will help it clean up its air system a bit. Its dumoing air every 15 seconds on the dot so i know the drier is shot.

Attachments

tobyS

Got a good friends 923 here for a make over. Its going the same dark green/brown as our 925. Had to replace a brake pot on the rear, new mrap air dryer waiting to go in, and tmg battery cut off switch.

Only thing i have run into is the **** low air alarm goes off occasionally and wont turn off. Im hoping the new dryer will help it clean up its air system a bit. Its dumoing air every 15 seconds on the dot so i know the drier is shot.
BB88, don't forget the FS black that goes with the 383 green and brown. There is a blue component in FS "black" that most blacks don't have and it does make a difference (looks good next to a new painted rebuild).

big block 88

Yes sir you are correct on the blue hue added to make thr black correct. On old faded trucks you can actually see the black tiniting blueish.

Our truck and this one are going solid green. We paint all our trucks the color of my pops m48 and m60's from his tanker days. Vietnam era color.

Attachments

tobyS

When you mentioned brown, I thought (3 or 4 color) camo and the current colors. Myself, I like black lower, even with majority green. Happy painting!

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Changed my oil filter after 6000 miles which was 110 engine hours. Took an oil sample to send off. Added Lucas Stabilizer and ran the grease gun thru everything. Rhino sprayed the inside of the doors and kick well as well as the steps and fuel tanks. Added some more spray foam to fill in some spaces. Will be cutting all that excess off tomorrow.
Also gave a driving lesson. We arrived alive and she didn't burn it up.

Went and fueled up one tank for my day trip to CSMDavis' on Monday. Don't find 1.90 a gallon much.

Worked a little on my replacement fuel tank that I am making for the passengers side that has more capacity than the stock tank. It will add another 15 to 17 gallons and take up the same amount of space.

Attachments

Last edited:

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes sir you are correct on the blue hue added to make thr black correct. On old faded trucks you can actually see the black tiniting blueish.

Our truck and this one are going solid green. We paint all our trucks the color of my pops m48 and m60's from his tanker days. Vietnam era color.
Great color!

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Changed my oil filter after 6000 miles. Took an oil sample to send off. Added Lucas Stabilizer and ran the grease gun thru everything. Rhino sprayed the inside of the doors and kick well as well as the steps and fuel tanks. Added some more spray foam to fill in some spaces. Will be cutting all that excess off tomorrow.
Also gave a driving lesson. We arrived alive and she didn't burn it up.
Check your ABS fuses. I see that your ABS light is on and it may be simply a blown fuse.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Check your ABS fuses. I see that your ABS light is on and it may be simply a blown fuse.
ABS is unplugged for a reason. I don't use it.

make it more easy to understand. Heavy trailer with a long tounge that has ABS doesn't do well on a truck with ABS when it and the truck are empty. THE END.

Last edited:

big block 88

Needs about 2 hours in the sun then its on to trimming all the matte black in on the letters and stars.

we do mix it with a bit of gloss. The shine dulls out in a couple days and leaves a nice semi flat color.

Attachments

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
ABS is unplugged for a reason. I don't use it.

make it more easy to understand. Heavy trailer with a long tounge that has ABS doesn't do well on a truck with ABS when it and the truck are empty. THE END.
No sweat.
Just trying to help.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Needs about 2 hours in the sun then its on to trimming all the matte black in on the letters and stars.

we do mix it with a bit of gloss. The shine dulls out in a couple days and leaves a nice semi flat color.
I really like that color.
Would you PM me the paint code please?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks