• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where did you get the LEDs above headlights.
From that place that shall not be spoken.

They are 8" 80W (8 LEDs @10W a piece) Spot/Flood Combo lights. That should get you close. They fill that spot above the headlight nicely. I used some of that pre-drilled angle from Ace Hardware to make the mounts.

thenext44

Added a 24v Solargizer, I already had a plug in charger (Battery Tender 022-0158-1 Waterproof 24 Volt) Currently I have the plug in on a dusk to dawn timer so they are not both charging at same time.
Is ok to just leave it plugged in when a plug is available and have them both charging at the same time?
20140922_104944.jpgtender.JPGsolargizer.JPG

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yea some more info on those led marker lights! and do you have a website for those BA9S
Marker lights are Peterson 1268A-MVC for the amber and 1268R-MVC for the red. The aluminum brush guards are B168-092. They are multi-volts that can run on 9V-36V. Electronics are embedded in epoxy. I run a 12V version of these on a regular trailer and they're over 10 years old and still going.

The BA9S bulbs I used are made by AlpineTech and can be found with a search of "Alpine tech 24V led bulb" on that site I can't mention. That search will bring up all 5 available color. They work real well for indicator and warning lights but NOT for gauge backlights. They're pretty cheap too.

jdknech

While waiting for the rest of the haspin fall rally to show up, I installed my aux "driving" lights.. They are 400 watts EACH at 24v (passenger jet landing lights) the housings I found at the MVPA nationals from Memphis equipment..
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411655395.969373.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1411655412.317654.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1411655424.803019.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1411655439.036086.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1411655453.040928.jpg

thenext44

Installed a 2nd Air Horn for blast fitting of a 5-Ton (Wolo Model 850 Siberian Express) youtube video doesn't do it justice but here it is if interested.
Picked this horn because online reviews stated "wanted a loud air horn but this one is too loud" perfect I thought.
Horn Video
20140917_084700 (Large).jpg20140917_084722 (Large).jpg20140917_084728 (Large).jpg

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Installed a new commercial Alternator (bull dozer 24v) but needed a longer lower mount to place the pulley in the same position, so couldn't finish last weekend. My brother didn't feel like waiting another week and decided to finish without me. Here are the pictures he sent me. It's rough having a brother who likes to tinker. Maybe I should stay home another week and see what else he will fix for me. :)

Note the two gauges that blow out when the military alternator (voltage regulator) died and tried to kill the truck. Evidently low/dead batteries will also kill the commercial Alternator, but when it dies it will just stop sending a charge.

Attachments

shadowdd

Installed new seats and finished the hitch

Finished fabrication and installation on the receiver hitch so we can pull the RV. Also was able to finish the installation of three new bucket seats! The wife and son can now ride in a little more comfort when we go down the road.

M923A2 New Hitch.jpg M923A2 New Seats.jpg M923A2 New Seats 2.jpg M923A2 New Seats 3.jpg

Thanks, Bryan

zxmedic

CooL!

Do you have a spec on the lights etc?
I connected mine to the spare dash light wire. The unit comes As a plug and play order what ever length you want I got mine on eBay . The info below was translated from a German site sorry

24V BATterie connect.

- Lifetime up * to * 50,000 hours
- Mit self-adhesive tape on the back (3M tape)
- Strip is cuttable (every 10cm or 6 SMDs)
TERMINALSFabel length: about 50cm
- Flexible, pliable and waterproof

Specifications (per 1M - Strip)
Voltage: 16-24 V*
Width: approx 10mm
Height: about 2,5 mm
Number of Bulbs: 60 Ultra bright SMD LEDs
Beam angle: 120 degrees
Luminosity: 7-8 Lum / LED
Power consumption: About 5 watt

Last edited:

plode

Tried to figure out why my drivers side parking light works intermittently(ground is definitely good-turn signal and side marker work perfectly), and why the passenger side front marker light doesn't work.
I can get the parking light to work...but then I'll put it back together, and it'll stop working while I'm out driving around. Wire for it is good up to at least where it goes into the big wiring harness connection.
The passenger side marker I suspect has a bad ground, but the bolts are so rusted/corroded I couldn't get them off. Will have to use the grinder another day. Might just order a new light unit to replace it and be done with it.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Plode most likely corrosion inside the light socket.
My marker lights quit because of it cleaned them and have had no more problems.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks