• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Combat Garage -New show on History Channel

creinemann

From Rob Lihani, Ex Producer of "Mail Call"

A new, one hour program that takes an unprecedented "inside" look at an important military vehicle by joining restoration crews on the job.

This pilot for a potential series checks in on the restoration of two Sherman tanks by two different crews. We follow the crew at Mil Spec Vehicle Restorations in New Jersey as they repair the main gun on a client's Sherman for a few days...and we spend a long weekend with volunteer mechanics as they pull, fix, and replace the engine of a Sherman at a museum in Southern California.

The show includes lots of great historical footage, veteran comments, and lots of over-the-shoulder action as the restoration crews bust their knuckles trying to bring some life back into these vintage war machines.

Many of you will recognize the featured Mil Spec guys: Bob Rubino, and Jim Gilmore... along with Eric Kosalko, and Steve Finelli. Even got a shot of the G503.com banner that hangs in their workshop!

The second Sherman is being restored by some motivated voluteers at the American Society of Military History display grounds in South El Monte, CA. Craig Michelson runs the place, and they have scores of great old vehicles. Worth a visit if you are ever in the LA area.

We started this about two years ago as a short demo project to show the network that there are enough "dynamics" in a restoration to hold an audience and warrant a full hour. They agreed after they saw the demo, and so we made a one hour pilot with Bob's and Craig's crews.

Its right up the alley for military vehicle collectors, and history buffs that are looking for a unique approach to these stories.

The show is on late Friday night, Dec 15....11pm. Which is not that bad, since that is the time slot that the Mail Call re-runs have been running in and doing pretty well. (more on that program soon...but I digress)Combat Garage also follows a new Dogfights episode, so it will be getting a strong lead-in program.

Please tune in, and if you enjoy the show, please let the History Channel know, as they will need some prodding to turn this one program into a series that examines a different vehicle each week and features restoration projects from all over the world.

Its informative, fast paced, and, at times, fun. A good overview, but with some new, detailed stuff that I hope even seasoned viewers like you guys will feel was worth your time to watch.

Its been tough to keep this under wraps for so long, but we couldn't really talk about the show until the network gave it an airdate. (Currently, the History Channel website says the show will air on Dec 8th...but as the programming dept. quickly changed the date to Dec 15th..the website has yet to catch up, and reflect the programming change.)

The Show date is December 15th at 11pm ... but check your local listings

Sincerely,

Rob Lihani
Executive Producer

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds good! Thanks for giving us a "heads up". [thumbzup]

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't forget, Tonight at 11 PM!

ida34

I think I have you covered Kenny. Do you have a DVD in the woods. I thought they just had swamps and beaches in Florida.

TacticalTruck

Anyone have contact info for Lihani? I want to restore my Bulldog in the spring and we can set this up as Slick and the Steel Soldiers against Jim and the Gee #@^%&s. Lets bring all the WW2 vs post war club antagonism to the front. :twisted:
Jeff :wink:

Attachments

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: Combat Garage -New show on History Channel

CGarbee said:
Great! Now all I have to do is find somebody who has cable...
I have to find someone with a television.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Combat Garage -New show on History Channel

Cool idea Jeff. The M41 doesn't look like it needs much of a resto, it's nice!

ida34

As said above, email History Channel so we can try to get more than just a pilot.

ida34

It should be on again at 3am I think, but I hope to be able to make a dvd this weekend.

mangus580

I am still in Salt Lake... and the TV choices in this hotel SUCK!!!

how did you record it?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks