• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Combat Garage -New show on History Channel

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
RE: Re: RE: Combat Garage -New show on History Channel

we can set this up as Slick and the Steel Soldiers against Jim and the Gee #@^%&s. Lets bring all the WW2 vs post war club antagonism to the front.
rofl rofl rofl rofl

I watched the show last night and really enjoyed it. Man, that Sherman clutch was BIG!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Now they need to do a Deuce!

red devils dude

you should seen the main clutch pack out of a 500HP tractor took 4 of us to lift it but I love geting to see the inside's of MV's.

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor

Jeff,
I may be able to connect you with Rob Lihani - but were I you I'd sure be reluctant to mention SS - were the History Channel to check this thread and see the disregard for copyright laws with regard to this show, this could become rather sticky for SS and some of the individual members.

Let me know via PM and I'll try to come up with the contact info.

Regards,
David

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Anyone know where the "upstate Sherman" was? I think it was close by to me, as the guy up the road has a M4 "Izzised" I think it was him.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

David, regarding copyright law, is that the request for a recorded copy of the program? If so, is it still unlawful to exchange a copy even though its not being sold or bartered and not used in conjunction with commercial purposes? I'm not that "up" on copyright law.

ida34

Kenny,
I am not sending you a copy. I was never here. You never saw me and I never said anything about sending you a copy. :lol:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

:funny:

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor

Kenny,
I suspect you've known me long enough to know that I'm not being a jerk - or at least I'm not trying to be a jerk!

But, as those that followed the Napster case will recall - part of copyright law provides the copyright owner the exclusive right to distribution.

For example - you can go to the store and buy a DVD of most any of the James Bond movies. If one is shown on TV tonight, and you record it, made 100,000 copies, bought an ad on CBS and said "Free "Live and Let Die" to everyone who calls" you would expect to hear from an attorney. In this example, you aren't using or distributing it commercially, selling it or bartering it - but you certainly would be distributing it, and impeding the ability of the copyright owner to sell his goods.

The asking isn't illegal - the taping for your OWN use isn't illegal - the providing someone else with a copy is where things get problematic.

I have only a passing familiarity with copyright law as it applies to non-print products - but its basically the same as for the printed word.

I wouldn't expect a visit from the FBI on this - but its definately not putting the best foot forward when approaching these folks about participating in their show!

Hope this helps,
David

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

I know you David and I know you're not being a jerk. I didn't factor in the distribution thing. I always appreciate your insight. Thanks!

Towman2277

Huh? I think my three year old placed something on here saying i'd copy the show! Silly kids!! ( Honey, take away her cuppie for punishment!)

N1265

DDoyle,

Thanks for your info on the copyrite laws... I Just never thought this would be wrong / illegal.

The last thing we need to do is upset a producer who is willing to make a show that will benefit our hobby.....and therefore I retract my offer to pay " a couple of bucks " for a copy of the show.

I am sorry if this causes a hardship for anybody who may have already made me a copy.... if this is the case just let me know and I will reimburse you for your time and trouble.

I hope the show is as good as " Mail Call " and wish the Gunny well !

Does anybody know if the History Channel is actually going to run with this idea ?

Pinkie

This is what the History Channel website says now : There are no upcoming airings within the next two weeks.
This makes me sad....

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor

FWIW, the produce, Rob Lihani, is a MV collector, regular guy, and hangs out on the G503 board. I suspect that info will be appearing there on when the show will be repeated, the availability of copies, and the status of the "series".

Best,
David

ida34

Jason,
The history channel show is history (combat garage). The military channel is starting a new series about restoring armor. I posted information about it on another thread. It comes on next Tuesday at 8pm.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks