• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105a3 trailer, ugly yes or no?

two.fiveM35

I think the M105a3 trailer has got to be one of the uglyest trailers out there. Has anybody found a use for this skinny wheels that looks like a spare tire? It might look decent with a set of tires from a M105a2.

Attachments

Sephirothq

I think the A3 trailer is one of the nicest trailers to work with. It have the folding step on the gate. the pins are spring retained and easy to use. radial tires. includes a spare. I like the look and the design. The covers are much nicer and will keep the elements out better with the double flap.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree. I think the M105A3 is a superior design, all except the landing leg. Galvanized bed, internal tie down points, recessed composite lights, side and rear marker lights, etc.

two.fiveM35

I admit, that i have not seen one in person, but those are nice fitures. It's mainly the wheels that I don't like. I guess next time I go recover something, I'll look and see if there is one around to look at.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
With regard to the landing leg, a company (Williams?) makes a stabilization kit that is well worth the money (well, not retail money, but surplus money). I have one for my trailer.

KsM715

I think the M105a3 trailer has got to be one of the uglyest trailers out there. Has anybody found a use for this skinny wheels that looks like a spare tire? It might look decent with a set of tires from a M105a2.

rofl Well it is an A3 and goes along with the A3 trucks.

Honestly, The only thing I don't like about it is the plain jane wheels. I like the lights sunk into the bed. If I had access to one I would have used it on the bobbed deuce instead.

indy4x4fab

Banned
I agree mostly, the trailer just doesn't have that tried and true look like the a2 but I'm more of a guy that likes the look of the old a2 over the a3.

With that being said tho the a3 is a much more user friendly trailer the.

I just like my older trucks and trailers, guess my grandpa rubbed off on me, which I don't mind.

To sum it up WHEELS ugly, BODY to modern, and the SURGE BRAKES a great idea for making the trailer more usable not only behind a m35a3 but also behind a one and a quarter ton.

I'll still take my m105a2 tho:mrgreen:

Last edited:

3dAngus

Never seen one, but given the opportunity, I'm definitely going to buy one. I'm trying them all out.

Anyway, what size tires are those on the A3 pictured. One thing I don't like about the A2 is the 20 inch tires. Perfect for the military, but not appropriate for mixed useage, military and civilian. Sits way to high on the back of a pickup with an elevated pintle.

Even so, I love the M105s. I guess thats why we call it an addiction. It's because....

It's an addiction!

Darwin T

ok here i go. i love the a3, you can see it in the mirrors alot easier that the a2 when you are backing up. backed mine up in a gas station parking lot and did not jack knife or have to pull up once. the front landing gear get the upgrade. the a2 tires will not fit like the front tires on a deuce and will stick out past the wheel wells the other way. i am working on a fix for that. then give him a name for personallity. :popcorn:

PS. i am working on getting another one, then selling my a2.

Attachments

Last edited:

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ok here i go. i love the a3, you can see it in the mirrors alot easier that the a2 when you are backing up. backed mine up in a gas station parking lot and did not jack knife or have to pull up once. the front landing gear get the upgrade. the a2 tires will not fit like the front tires on a deuce and will stick out past the wheel wells the other way. i am working on a fix for that. then give him a name for personallity. :popcorn:

PS. i am working on getting another one, then selling my a2.
Very nice. It looks like you added the retro support leg, right? Just curious...where did you find it? I saw one on eBay one time. I bought one from a fellow SteelSoldier, although I know he is out of them. I believe he had like 3 or 4 at one point.

Darwin T

yes i upgraded because the original one was bent. found it on ebay. i bought one on here that was great but it was not the upgrade just one like the original except not bent. then i ran into this one and now its all better. here are some pictures of the original one. there is no way a trailer that weights that much and can carry that much should have a landing gear that i can hold with one hand and take a picture with the other at the same time.

Attachments

Last edited:

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks. I must admit I had visions if cutting holes in it to give it that modular look and running them on a M135 bobber, but that thought has almost passed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks