• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rons Classified News

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I have been the Classifieds Mod for about a month, things are starting to shake out, taking care of old issues and getting up to steam, so I thought I would have monthly Rons Classifieds News, reporting on the Classifieds

1--- For those that can not find the Classifieds Rules, link below
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/vehicles-sale/77660-classifieds-rules.html

2 --- I have noticed duplicate ads (some as many as 3), both in the same forum and in two or more forum, DO NOT place duplicate ads, this means ONE ad for a item, delete the old ad when you place a new ad for the same item, only place in ONE forum. Up to now I have been deleting the oldest ads, as of 3/1/12, I'll delete all

3 --- A price is REQUIRED in the first post, NOT make a offer, NOT a link to a price, NOT PM for price, NO PRICE-NO AD, I will PM a price request 1 time.

4 --- MANAGE your ad, I see questions posted but no answers, ads posted, then the poster has not been on site for a month, I get no PM response PMs, PLEASE look after your ad, subscribe to your ad if need be, UNMANAGED ads will get a PM, no response = delete

5 --- A FOR TRADE still needs some kind of PRICE so people know what the for trade item is worth, this will save a lot of time for everyone.

6 --- Once a item is SOLD or BOUGHT, PLEASE delete your ad, or on a multi item ad, eather delete a sold item, or mark it SOLD

7 --- I want to help the members to buy and sell, that is part of my job, I may clean up a thread, or a few other things, so don't take offence. If I can help with a problem, let me know, any questions, PM me and I'll try to answer you.

8 --- HIGH LIGHT your price/prices, especially if it is hidden in a lot of text, If I am having trouble finding the price and I'm looking for it, what about the quick looker, be PROACTIVE in your ad.

9 --- Keep your prices with in reason if you want to sell the item, this stuff is not made from rare gold

10 -- Remember WANT ads DO NOT require a premium membership

99.9% are doing everything that thay should, THANK YOU, The other .1% can end up loosing classifieds posting from 1 week to ??? for repeat offences, also attitudes and told to pound sand DO NOT go over very well

I am open to all suggestions to make the classifieds better, and PLEASE if someone sees something I need to take care of, LET ME KNOW

Last edited:

Tankjeepman

It would be very helpful if you could search for the certain vehicle and sort on price or location. When I used the sort previously, you could look at one page that had been sorted, but when you moved to the next page, it was not sorted.

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ron, everything you put there ^^ is reasonable, helpful, and AFIK necessary.

I really appreciate this. All of those ^^ ad faults detract from what can be an incredible resource to the members.

Thanks!

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ron, What about "parting out" adds as far as pricing? I do have a add up right now parting out a truck. I have a list of several items with prices but not all items on the truck that is for sale. Several "parting" adds don't have any pricing.

I'm just trying to get a official ruling on this.

I'd also like to see a price in the thread title.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Ron, What about "parting out" adds as far as pricing? I do have a add up right now parting out a truck. I have a list of several items with prices but not all items on the truck that is for sale. Several "parting" adds don't have any pricing.

I'm just trying to get a official ruling on this.

I'd also like to see a price in the thread title.
I have been working on getting these PARTING OUT priced, rather than"I'm parting out a truck, pm or offer", I see some guys have a long list of parts with prices, I would list a price for the major parts, some of the everyday stuff, there is no way to price every nut and bolt, a effort needs to be made on letting people know what you have and what you are asking, this effort is all we are asking, this effort is the difference between make a offer or pm for price

One more thought, the MORE INFO and PRICES for the BUYER to see, the MORE you SELL

Hope this helps, if not I'll try again, Ron

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hats off to you Ron. You are making a difference. I gave up on the classified long ago. I take the time to look now. The rules appear reasonable. I especially agree with the need to price. Nothing worse than PM back and forth to find an outrageous or out of my budget asking price. -Dan

Danger Ranger

Only input I have besides the great job is that I would like to see or search by location. I don't want to sort through trucks in California if I live in Ohio. You know what I mean?
Thanks Ron.:D

Darwin T

good morning Ron
it may just be i don't know how (likely) :drool: but, in the old adds i could find and ad for someone and one click and i could see everything they posted. i sometime know who has what i am looking from i just can't remember where it is.
thanks and i hope ya'll have a great day
kevin

PS your are doing a awesome jod!

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
How about one more rule? No bumping of other threads. Example "Bump for your thingamabob, looks awesome". I don't see the benefit these type of posts bring.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
good morning Ron
it may just be i don't know how (likely) :drool: but, in the old adds i could find and ad for someone and one click and i could see everything they posted. i sometime know who has what i am looking from i just can't remember where it is.
thanks and i hope ya'll have a great day
kevin

PS your are doing a awesome jod!

Go to classifieds
click "search this forum"
click advanced
search threads "started by"
type in users name
all their adds will show up

orren

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Price posting policy

Ron:

I don't understand what the big deal is about price. All prices are
negotiable and sometimes meaningless if a trade is worked out.

Price often scares off on-the-fence buyers who otherwise would
negotiate. I think it would serve us all better if price posting was
left optional.

Your reconsideration of price policy would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Orren J. Winjum

I have been the Classifieds Mod for about a month, things are starting to shake out, taking care of old issues and getting up to steam, so I thought I would have monthly Rons Classifieds News, reporting on the Classifieds

1--- For those that can not find the Classifieds Rules, link below
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/vehicles-sale/77660-classifieds-rules.html

2 --- I have noticed duplicate ads (some as many as 3), both in the same forum and in two or more forum, DO NOT place duplicate ads, this means ONE ad for a item, delete the old ad when you place a new ad for the same item, only place in ONE forum. Up to now I have been deleting the oldest ads, as of 3/1/12, I'll delete all

3 --- A price is REQUIRED in the first post, NOT make a offer, NOT a link to a price, NOT PM for price, NO PRICE-NO AD, I will PM a price request 1 time.

4 --- MANAGE your ad, I see questions posted but no answers, ads posted, then the poster has not been on site for a month, I get no PM response PMs, PLEASE look after your ad, subscribe to your ad if need be, UNMANAGED ads will get a PM, no response = delete

5 --- A FOR TRADE still needs some kind of PRICE so people know what the for trade item is worth, this will save a lot of time for everyone.

6 --- Once a item is SOLD or BOUGHT, PLEASE delete your ad, or on a multi item ad, eather delete a sold item, or mark it SOLD

7 --- I want to help the members to buy and sell, that is part of my job, I may clean up a thread, or a few other things, so don't take offence. If I can help with a problem, let me know, any questions, PM me and I'll try to answer you.

8 --- HIGH LIGHT your price/prices, especially if it is hidden in a lot of text, If I am having trouble finding the price and I'm looking for it, what about the quick looker, be PROACTIVE in your ad.

9 --- Keep your prices with in reason if you want to sell the item, this stuff is not made from rare gold

10 -- Remember WANT ads DO NOT require a premium membership

99.9% are doing everything that thay should, THANK YOU, The other .1% can end up loosing classifieds posting from 1 week to ??? for repeat offences, also attitudes and told to pound sand DO NOT go over very well

I am open to all suggestions to make the classifieds better, and PLEASE if someone sees something I need to take care of, LET ME KNOW

ARYankee

I have no issues. I think you are doing a great job!!! [thumbzup] Thanks for the update and keep them coming that way we all can stay informed.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ron:

I don't understand what the big deal is about price. All prices are
negotiable and sometimes meaningless if a trade is worked out.

Price often scares off on-the-fence buyers who otherwise would
negotiate. I think it would serve us all better if price posting was
left optional.

Your reconsideration of price policy would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Orren J. Winjum
Prices ARE required in ads. Not going to relinquish this rule. Prices are up to the seller to decide.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I love the location highlighted at the beginning of the ad, I am not sure if members are doing this or Ron you have been doing but WOW what a difference.

Thank you Ron for all your efforts. This section is very important and I have only seen improvement since your involvement.

:beer:

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Put a price and add "OBO" (Or Best {reasonable} Offer). That indicates that the seller will consider less, without committing to a lower price. Problem solved!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks