• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WY/CO Chapter

Doubt I could afford to drive the 816 half way across Wyo and back for a weekend,,,, would have to start on wed, and leave on sat just to make it..... at least untill the turbo is put on... 5mpg and earplugs....:p

BigBird... Im with you about living and working with and alphabet agency...NPS... only freedom I have is im not required occupancy thus the place I lease about 3 miles from the park allows alittle more freedom with "projects" 2) willys wagons, 1) Kaiser M816 1) 65 GMC, Dozer/backhoe............etc.
Are you the guy selling a ford dump truck on Craigslist?

SgtMajHarper

Here is what my 2 cents is on this. I'm a Colorado resident and saw this first proposed as pending legislation here saying surplus military vehicles would be exempt from safety inspections and engine emissions testing. I looked into it more and found it was started as a result of some law passed last year that prohibited a large farm equipment dealer in the southeastern corner of the state from selling their large surplus trucks that they re-equip for agricultural use. Hummers were also in the original bill also. As usual, the bill had a few changes added and deleted as it went forward. I mentioned this to our local mil.veh. collectors club president and he wrote the legislature as did I and others showing support for the original bill and saying as collectors we thought this was a good thing.

Somewhere in the mix it sounded like "they" (the legislature) was going to try and re-classify all currently licensed mil. veh's. as "surplus" and only title them as "off road use only", like the agricultural modified trucks. The way I read the passed bill last time ( a week ago?) basically had 2 categories of vehicles mentioned; "surplus" designed for off road use and "collectors" that are kept and maintained with markings and such as when used in the military for historical purposes. Some people say that "they" are wanting to require all collectors to be re-titled in the future for off road only, but who knows about rumors? They could have easily done that this time I think. My take on is that they covered both groups, licensed collectors with titles ands road driven and the the others that are surplus and used for agricultural purposes.

The last I heard and read said that the bill passed both houses and it was up for the Governor to sign taking effect as law July 1st I believe.

SgtMajHarper

Overview:[FONT=&quot] Legislation (SB19-054) has been introduced to allow for the titling and registration of former military vehicles. Currently, former military vehicles are not allowed to be registered or titled for on-road use in the state. The bill passed the Senate and currently awaits consideration in the House Transportation and Local Government Committee.

This statement is incorrect.....many collector vehicles are already titled and licensed for public road use already in Colorado.
[/FONT]

41cl8m5

SgtMajHarper,
You are right the bill passed both chambers with only one absent vote, all other votes came in yes for the bill. The Governor does not sign it, there is just the required time line from the last day of the session that it gets put into the books. I believe sometime early August like the 10th. Only thing is there is no education in place to teach the DMV the new revisions and how to navigate their system to do the actions. It will be up to those wanting to register and or title the vehicle on this topic to guide the DMV worker through the process. Remember be kind and nice when doing so and have with you copies of all documents pertaining to what you would like to do. It is very easy for them to say NO at anytime. I have had to do this myself in Arapahoe County, remember to keep smiling even though you would like to rip thier heads.....

ceetwarrior

Hello from Colorado Springs. New member here. Buying a 1967 m35a2 from my friend. Very excited about it! Already got plans for a winch swap and a trailer. Hopefully a dump bed conversion kit someday. Hope to meet others and also learn about any local parts sources.

ceetwarrior

I got it home and got pics. For some reason I can't click on albums to upload a picture. This site hosts pictures, right? Or do you guys host elsewhere?

Another Ahab

Welcome to you, ceetwarrior, from over here East in Virginia.

And yes the site hosts pics, but not sure what to tell you about posting albums.

Maybe try posting one at a time, is that workable for you?

ceetwarrior

Thank you guys. I bought it from a friend of mine who lives in Larkspur. I drove it 40 miles home. Had a couple leaks but it made it. It's really weak when I hit hills. I hope it doesn't need rebuilt or anything. I'm gonna get an EGT and boost gauges and see where it's at cause it's slow as a snail and needs some more. Or maybe I was expecting more out of 130hp, haha.

ceetwarrior

1.jpgIMG_20190922_135954514.jpg3.jpg4.jpgIMG_20190922_163338844.jpg

Finally figured out how to post pics. Can't do it from my phone but can do it from my desktop. Got a bad fuel leak on one of the plastic fuel hoses where it rubbed. The deuce came with a 3 ring binder with the color parts catalog and service manual so hopefully I can find that hose for replacement. There's a coolant leak coming from the passenger side overflow as well as something near the turbo leaking.

Another Ahab

I keep hoping for a closer show. Got a bunch of parts to sell/trade and a show would be a good opportunity.
Colorado and Wyoming, combined, is sure enough a WHOLE lot of territory:

- Wonder what the best central location might be to work out best for everybody?

You know, just wondering. :mrgreen:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks