• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m35a3 wipers in m35a2

rednckii

Just got a set of electronic wipers off of a m35a3 and was wondering if anyone else has done this. Ive searched the threads and found a few people that did a electronic conversion but want to know who has done the a3 conversion. Was out looking at it earlier and seems like the wiper arm on motor might hit the windshield center post. Was wondering how you mounted it and where did you plug i the power for it. If im wrong and it is just a bolt on let me know. Really would like some pics makes it easier for me to follow. If not i will figure it out then post pics thanks for any input.

820jeep

Hello fellow Bee. I picked up a used set off of a M35A3 and then later found 2 kits new in the box.
I am going to try to mount one of them on my M35A2 next weekend. I will let you know how it works out and try to get some photos.

rednckii

Camoyj7 did it mount flush up to the frame or did you space it. Also where did you plug in for power. Mine is flush on top with the one brace tight to frame looks like I need to drill two holes on top. Am I right in think in this thanks. 820jeep thanks for the help either way one of us will get there really want this install to go good.

camoyj7

I did mine awhile ago but i do remember that I did drill a couple of holes to bolt it in. If you have a hard top like me I had to cut some of the seal on the top of the windshield to clear the cover. For power I found a wire that wasn't being used behind the dash. It wasn't that hard to put in once you line up all of the parts and drill a few holes.

Reactions: jgp

rednckii

Sounds good maybe do tomorrow if not raining and wife lets me. I have soft top I put on earlier in the week my hardtop was rusted out only the back corner lips were left holding it on. Thanks for the info will see what I can come up with, did you have any clearance issues or was it good to go.

rednckii

Awesome just looked like wiper arm off motor was goin to hit that's all thanks. Awesome truck by the way just read entire build thread.

rednckii

Well just got the wipers put in was a slight drizzle of rain only got heavy when i took top off to drill holes figures. Uses self tappers for the top and the one on window center brace worked great. Drilled a hole to drop the wires down behind dash need to get a grommet for it so wont rub. Overall was a very easy ordeal had a few minutes of cussing but thats normal working on my deuce. When i went to plug into the wiring i couldnt find a stand alone wire to use but found one that looks like it goes toa heater. My ruck doesnt have a heater so i cut the end of and put a female end on it plugged it in an everything works. Now i need to see about getting a windshield washer pump and tank to complete everything up. And before anyone says anything here are some pics took some of where i mounted it so could see clearance. If any one has any suggestions on something i could do different let me know thanks.

Attachments

goatijoe

I've got them and they where a gooberment upgrade. They work great after it took 2 months of playing with them to get them adjusted right. I must say they where installed by 2 people the one that did the motor did great and the other one that did the wiper arms and transmission part failed. its just trial and error until you get the arms right. If you flip your windshields up you have to do the drivers first from the blade over hangs and hits the passenger one if opened first.

joshs1ofakindxj

Mine just randomly wouldn't work yesterday. I checked power, tried wiggling them, eventually after walking away and coming back again they worked fine. Anyone have the same issue?

deucer

I don't see where anyone clarified what wires they hooked up to power, ground and the third wire? I just bought a set and the wires are numbered but that is all.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks