• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ripped off by Fast Track Logisitics.

• Thread starter Deleted member 22018
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 22018

I recently bought some wheels from GL in Hooks Texas. I got a shipping quote from Fast Track Logistics, who was recommended by GL. The quote seamed fair so I hired them to ship the wheels to Iowa. I paid them the $622.44 quoted on Feb 8th using my debit card. Today I check my account and I see another charge for $319.66 from them. I got an Email from Fast Track and they said the wheels were heavier than what GL had listed. So I get stuck paying the extra amount? This doesn't seam fair. Has this happened to anyone else?

snowdad

That seems awfully high. How many wheels? I recently got a shipping quote from MWM on WC combat about wheels at about $25 a piece from Minnesota to Tennessee. I did a Mapquest mileage from Hooks, TX to the center of Iowa (didn't know where you lived) and it was around 700 miles. Same thing for Prior Lake, MN to my town and it was about 860 miles so there you have a comparison. Don't know the type of wheel and how much they weigh, but WW 2 Dodge WC Combat wheels are quite heavy.
Phillip2cents

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They quoted you based on information that was wrong. GL does not guarantee their info is correct. You assumed it was correct.

The shipper did what was asked and obviously weighed the parts to ship it correctly.

Who's to blame?

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I recently bought some wheels from GL in Hooks Texas. I got a shipping quote from Fast Track Logistics, who was recommended by GL. The quote seamed fair so I hired them to ship the wheels to Iowa. I paid them the $622.44 quoted on Feb 8th using my debit card. Today I check my account and I see another charge for $319.66 from them. I got an Email from Fast Track and they said the wheels were heavier than what GL had listed. So I get stuck paying the extra amount? This doesn't seam fair. Has this happened to anyone else?
Never, never use a debit card for something like this. If you had used a real credit card, you could have contested the charge based on the quote and gotten your money back.

D

Deleted member 22018

I got 6 rims and tires for a 5 ton. Two pallets at a total of 2400 pounds from Hooks Texas to Davenport Iowa. After I got the quote and figured out how much it would cost in gas, hotel room, and time missed at work I was happy with $622. I will try to dispute it tomorrow.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got a shipping quote from Fast Track Logistics, who was recommended by GL
from their site,

For your convenience,
Government Liquidation
has compiled a list of
Domestic & International
Shipping, Packing and
Screening companies,
to choose from.

Simply click on the list
below and select the
appropriate state where
the item is located to view
a list of local vendors

NOTE:
The list of Shippers, Packers & Screeners provided above is intended for informational purposes only. GL shall remain harmless from any liabilities, damages or consequences resulting from the selection and use of the any of the Shipping, Packing and Screener services listed.
Should you choose to use a transportation company for the removal of your property, GL will not be responsible for any of the associated costs whatsoever. Please be specific and clear in your instructions to the Transportation Company so that GL is not shown as a responsible financial party.

I don't see where GL "recomemned "anyone.

D

Deleted member 22018

Never, never use a debit card for something like this. If you had used a real credit card, you could have contested the charge based on the quote and gotten your money back.

I try not to use my Credit Card for anything, but lesson learned I guess.

D

Deleted member 22018

I gues I should have said a shipper form their "compiled list"

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In the terms you agreed to when you bid,

1. PROPERTY DESCRIPTIONS: The information and descriptions found in the advertising materials for specific sales are deemed reliable but are not guaranteed. We neither assume responsibility nor make any warranty regarding the sale's contents. Condition codes, National Stock Numbers (NSN), Local Stock Numbers (LSN), National Item Identification Numbers (NIIN), and Scrap Condition List (SCL) codes are provided as received from the DLA Disposition Services as assistance to our customers. We do not guaranty the accuracy of this information. It is your responsibility to verify an item’s information and description, including but not limited to, product condition, estimated weight, count, measure or other factors that determine the bid price. Information provided by us is not guaranteed and should not be considered as a substitute for your due diligence and physical inspection of the property.

3dAngus

I get back end charges from shippers about 50% of the time. They automatically charge my credit card for it. Doesn't really matter if it is a credit card or debit so much. $600 is more than enough to ship two pallets. You always have to challange back end charges from these shippers. It is common place for them to do the "Send them the bill, see if they pay".

I usually win when I challange them.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, does someone work for Fast Track?

Nope, but I have bought enough crap from Gl to know, they are NEVER to blame(and it's in the terms I agree to when I place a bid).

Just because I read and know the rules, does not mean I like them.

Welcome to GL purchasing and SteelSoldiers.

D

Deleted member 22018

This was my first purchase from GL. Next time I will be more informed. I not trying to blame someone else for my lack of knowledge. Thanks for all the advise.

I do work in the manufacturing business, and when I give a quote I can't tell the customer it will be 30% more because it was more work than I thought. I would be out of business in no time.

quickfarms

I have used them in the past and sometimes the GL weights are way off and you can get charged for it but I would call them.

They have good customer service from my experiance.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since none of the motor freight companies are making any money, they are resorting to these "back end" charges or "adjustments" on almost anything. The slightest miscategorization and poof, upcharge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks