• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m211 manual

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Back issues of Wheels and Tracks are available from Portrayal Press.

The next Army Motors has an article in it detailing the production of the M135 - I don't remember when it is due out.

HTH,
David Doyle

M211GMC

OK here is an update on the manuals : 5 copies are made , TM 9-8024 , All parts list are on the CD - I have other TM's on the CD also - 8 files in all. I'm having copies made up for the tranny TM (5 copies so far ) and they will be bound and ready for use. I have a slow dial up so to upload them would take for ever ! but I'm working on that. I have a rare TM also its CDN-OM9-819A OP. manual too. just wanted to give everyone an update. I will let everyone know when I mail them out.

pa.rich

In reference to changing the engine and trans on the M211: If you do, dont forget these automatics have the two range tranny but the transfer is one range, so you would lose the low range unless you change the transfer to go with the multifuel. Its way too muchwork, and not worth the trouble. Another words on the multifuel truck, the transfer case is dual range and on the M211 it is single range. Personally I would not want to lose the low range capability.Correct me if I am wrong please. I like to be able to crawl over things!

lacoda56

M211 GMC
Thanks for the update and your time and effort.
pa.rich
You're absolutely right on the low range. I've never done it but was told if converting to a manual trans to use a manual shift t.case from a CCKW. Seems like a lot of work and I don't know how well it would hold up.

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
As an aside, during the 1950s the military converted a M34 by installing the GMC engine and automatic transmission. I have photos, and copies of some of the test reports on this. What I have not seen is if they blocked out low range on the M34 transfer.

If not, I would expect with the transmission shifted to low range, and the M34 transfer in low range, this would be a genuine stump puller! According the APG comparison of the two trucks, the stock M135 had significantly more drawbar pull than M34 from the get go.

David "deuce trivia r' us" Doyle

M211GMC

ok - got the manuals back today or took the time to drive into town and pick them up ..... I will be putting things in order and sending them off. thanks all for being patient with me.

davesgmc

If you get me the copies on cd I will upload them to the site here. I have a faster connection and can do it much easier,,,I think. Looking forward to geting a copy of this thing, then I might know what I am doing,,,,,MIGHT being the key word..lol

M211GMC

glad I can help other G749 owners - I do need a few little parts for my 211 , going to try to get a photo uploaded .... soon

M211GMC

ok , getting everything ready to ship , sorry its taken so long to do , going to try to get everything mailed next week. enjoy.

M211GMC

My apologies guys I have had some family ( teenagers) issues that have been resolved , so now I can get the stuff out , my apologies , I hope the info will be useful. So I will get into town Wednesday.

chevycrew

I have an m211 and an m135 w/w that I need to go pickup. I am waiting till I can get as much info on them as possible. I dont want to screw something up. The m135 has not been started in at least 30 years. I want to change all fluids etc. to try to get this going.

If I could get a copy of the manuals I would really appreciate it, Ill cover any shipping costs.

Looking for
TM9-8024
TM9-8025-1
TM9-8025-2
TM9-1819AC

Any others that could be useful in the preservation of some great old iron!

Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks