• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

G'day from Western Australia

Recy Mech

G'day from Western Australia.

Came across this site whilst doing a bit of research into the possibilies of importing into Australia a M35A2. When I was in the army (Australian) I was a recovery mechanic and drove a M816 wrecker.

Must be going through a mid-life crisis to start thinking of that stuff. Anyway looks like this is the site to be for all my questions.

Cheers & beers.

Recy

srs78

If you're able to pull that off, you'll have the distinction of being the sole private owner of an M816 in the whole of Australia.... and that would be awesome! Cheers Mate!:beer:

Recy Mech

Re: the M816....nah, not a hope in **** about getting one of those bad boys. Although.....it does have merit :whistle: The missus would have a stroke with one of them parked on her Roses.

Something nice and simple....a M35A2, just saw a post from 'downunder' who looks like he's doing it.

Going to start the ball rolling by joining the Military Vehicle Collectors of Australia Association.

spicergear

Welcome to the site Recy! I was down on Eastern side (actually raeme's area NSW) of you guys big island over a year ago- loved it! Hope to get back! Enjoy the site, use the search function and you'll be surprised how many answers you'll find-

Recy Mech

Thanks for the welcome guys, glad I don't have to buy the beers :grin:

Seems to be a wealth of great info...who says the internetty thingy is only good for p0rn and scamming credit card numbers? :whistle:

Cheers & beers.

recy

raeme

You hang on to these blokes and don't upset them, you'll never find a better bunch. The ladies are lovely and the boys will be boys . You won't a better mob when it hits the fan. Be cool.:cool:[thumbzup]
raeme.

ClintA

Welcome Recy, from New Mexico. I went Down Under and worked on a big cattle station in the Nothern Territory, made some good friends there and never will forget it. I would like to take my family there one day so they can see to. I REALLY liked the beer and the Bundaburg (Miss spelled) Rum. Feel free to PM me any time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks