• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Australia: Importing US MV's

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
G'day everyone,.....

All the junk in the back, and that bathtub will stay,....
;)

Turns out it less than an hour away from me,....

That might be a good sign,...?

Aussie.
You know that tub would make a great MOBILE HOT TUB for a CLOSE COUPLE.

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,.....

Regrettably I have had to halt the deal with the C1500's as I have logistics issues that I can't resolve.

Also the amount of work and time it will take is just a shade more than I have time for just now.

I have though found a better replacement vehicle for what I intend.

Not ex military.

Aussie.

Barney oz

Hi all,

I stumbled across this thread and have signed up as I have just started doing my own research on bringing an M35 in Australia because I can't find any for sale here.

A bloke I work with's father is a registered import agent and bring all sorts of cars, boats, trucks, etc, etc, in from Europe, UK and USA.

I just spoke to them about bring in an M35 and based on the cubic meterage, it will be ~$8,000 and will take 45-60 days to get here.

There will be about $2K in port and handling fees and GST on the purchase price. If customs determine the vehicle is not clean enough and needs a washdown, they do it and charge by the hour. They said this should be more than a couple of hundred dollars.

From there, registration should be pretty simple. It is just a 6x6 truck with a GVM under 10 tons. The brakes are hydraulic, not air operated. No requirement for RHD conversion due to the age.

In QLD you would need a HR license to drive it because MR only covers 2 axles. :(

I think you would be able to get a decent rig landed and on the road on a club permit for under $25K.

Ben.
Hi Ben
Did you ever import a Deuce into Australia? I am asking because I have one in Rockhampton that was imported from the US in 2013. Just chasing up on some history of this vehicle.

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,....

Hi Ben
Did you ever import a Deuce into Australia? I am asking because I have one in Rockhampton that was imported from the US in 2013. Just chasing up on some history of this vehicle.

Show us you deuce!

Would love to see any down under, don't know of any other Deuce owners in Australia except for a couple in tank museums,...

Aussie.

Barney oz

Received a email from Dave dave@easternsurplus.net from M35 For Sale. Deuces for Sale Turbo Diesel, Army Trucks, Logging, Heavy Trucks, Off-Road Big Trucks, Four Wheel Drive, Parts, Truck Parts, M35 parts, M35A2 parts, Deuce and a half parts, Reo parts, 5 ton parts, M900 parts, military vehicles for sale, . As follows:

The prices quoted would only be for March 2012, any later and I reckon you'd have to enquire as to the current prices.

Looks promising. Might be a road trip from Philidelphia to Portland Oregon, then to San Francisco to the Ro-Ro. :driver:[thumbzup]
Hi mate, just wondering if you know of a deuce and a half that was imported into Australia in 2013? Chasing some history on this classic work horse.
Thanls

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks