• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Australia: Importing US MV's

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,....

That's building the excitement, Aussie Bloke. [thumbzup]

What's the plan for "first steps" once you got your hands on her!?

Well once I collect her I will either drive her home for a while or straight to get her a 'Road Worthy Certificate' so I can get her registered as a Historic Vehicle.
Then I can take her out and about!

When I have a date to collect her I will have a permit in hand to drive her unregistered until I have that sorted out.

Then the fun begins,.....

Aussie.

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,....

Ok..
Just got the shipping date.

Just got notification that my Deuce will be leaving the US mid July.

Trans shipped to Yokohama then here to Melbourne.
Its all really happening,....

Aussie.

Last edited:

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,....

My Deuce should have left the USA TODAY!

Due in Yokahama end of this month.

So with a week in Japan and an expected 3 weeks to here that makes it end of August.

Maybe a week to clear customs etc, I might have my hands on her early to mid September!

Fingers crossed.

Aussie.

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,....

Ok, so far no word on any further movement on my Deuce so it looks like it may be a little delayed outside my previous related time frame.

I have been thinking, when it dose get here it will be just about 300 miles short of its next service so I will need to have the right filters on hand ready.

Who was the member here who sells the filters?
I was thinking of getting 2 complete sets of filters, 1 set to use straight away and the other to have as a spare set and to use to source local equivalent replacement filters,....

Aussie.

Another Ahab

G'day everyone,....

Who was the member here who sells the filters?
I was thinking of getting 2 complete sets of filters, 1 set to use straight away and the other to have as a spare set and to use to source local equivalent replacement filters,....

Aussie.
Howdy, Aussie Bloke; are you talking about the Spin-On filters?

There should be some sources in the Classifieds, but I also believe you can get them from jatonka.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you know if she is in transit? or is she in Japan? Has she left the US? Goodness, the anticipation level would be enough to trigger a mild heart rhythm. Ya do know, "Patience is a virtue" and it is NOT gained easily!!! Keep us informed, we are pulling for ya!!

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,.....

Howdy, Aussie Bloke; are you talking about the Spin-On filters?
It has the original style filters not the spin-on type.
Dose jatonka sell the original style or spin-on's?

And marchplumber my Deuce is currently in Yokohama awaiting a place on another ship to Melbourne.
And yes, waiting for the notification from the shipping CO to let me know it has been assigned a place on a ship and the dates it will leave and due to arrive here is doing my head in!

Aussie.

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,....

jatonka only sells the spin-on's.

oh well,...

On a brighter note I just got notification from the shipping CO that my shipment of Spares and accessories has arrived!
So looks like I will be seeing about collecting it next week some time.
Also a great excuse to take a day off work!

YIPPEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Aussie.

Last edited:

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,....

Ok,....

Just ordered a service kit for my Deuce:
Air Oil and Fuel filters, seals and belt sets.
So now I'll be ready to do its first service for later when its needed.

Aussie.

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,....

What do you hear, Aussie Bloke; you got a date-of-arrival, yet?

Sadly nothing so far,....
:cry::cry::cry:

Still in Yokohama.

And just to rub salt into the wound, no further word on my parts/spares having cleared customs here yet, I was told it would only take a few days,...

I swear the universe is conspiring against me,...

Aussie.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Naw, it's not the "universe" it's Murphy. Murphy does stuff like this. He changes arrival times, custom clearances, misplaces bolts, nuts, and misc hardware. Also causes flat tires, burst heater hoses, exploding batteries, etc etc..... just an all around nuisance. You aren't the only one waiting for your deuces's arrival!! It'll get there, and all the sweeter cause of the delays!! We are rooting for ya Mate, really we are. Take heart, ya ain't alone, unless you so choose to be! "One day at a time" you are a LOT closer than you used to be!! fat lady sings

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks