• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Australia: Importing US MV's

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No, you are not alone! And you should be happy that everything cleared US-Customs, at least. Believe me, that could end being the real nightmare...! Murphy is omnipresent, indeed!

G.

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,...

WOOOO- HOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Just got Arrival notice today!

1959 Kaiser Jeep

ETD Yokohama: 22 August.

ETA Melbourne: 08 September.

I'm still waiting for my spare/accessories to clear customs, they arrived just over a week ago,....
:(

Aussie.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ALRIGHT!!!! The day is gettin closer and the anticipation is gettin harder to quell!! Heck, my heart skipped a beat when I saw your post!! PLEASE send us some pics of her arrival and ALL that goes with gettin her home, Mate. Truck might actually beat the parts for arrival! LOL Keep us informed. Brings back memories of my first deuce recovery and the excitement when they opened the shed door!! Ahh,,,, nuthin like a deuce

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,....

Fired up!??

I no longer need caffeine in the morning!!!

I'm just dreaming of places to go with my Deuce!

And STILL waiting for my parts to clear customs,....

Grrrrrrr!!!!!!!

Aussie.

Another Ahab

My English...
I would have written better "two years ago"
No, no, no; your English is all good, and very good in fact. And it's a WHOLE lot better than my German I'll tell you that right now.

I just look for fun where it's available, and your comment gave me an opening. I was only kidding. So please forgive my rudeness. :beer:

Last edited:

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,....

Well it looks like my Spares/accessories just need to clear (AQIS) quarantine now so I am hoping very early next week I can collect it.
Its a few mins off Friday as I type this.
Hoping I get notification tomorrow, (Friday) then I can take a day off work and go get it.

If all go's as I am thinking then 4 days later the main attraction should arrive at the dock.

Fingers crossed,....

Aussie.

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,....

Last night I got the Invoices for my parts AND the Deuce for the shipping and customs clearance etc,...

I am gonna go pay that today on my way into work and take tomorrow off work to go collect.
As far as I understand the parts/accesories are ready to collect but the Deuce I am not sure about as the last info I had is the Ship docks TODAY.
Unless it was early,...??

I guess I will find out a little later,...

Let the fun begin!

Aussie.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
G'day everyone,....

Ok,...

Payed the invoices, bank account screaming in horror!!

STILL waiting for shipment to be released by AQIS,....
:(

Aussie.
Well,
She's there. Parts are there. Enjoyment is that much closer. Bank account "horror"??? I had assumed you knew what the totals would be, when she arrived and came due. Did they change? Or is that just a restatement of the large amount? So glad you're about to be united with your truck and parts!

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,....

Your transaction is a help to the overall economy; it's called the "velocity" of money.

Well I need money fast!
I now own a Deuce.
;)

Bank account "horror"??? I had assumed you knew what the totals would be, when she arrived and came due. Did they change?

Oh yeah I knew what it would be as I got quotes first!
Even given a slight variance for the fluctuating exchange rate etc.
Came in very close to the quote.

Its just taking it out in a lump sum and paying everything at once, I am always putting funds IN, this was funds going in the wrong direction,...

Its a shock to the system.
:shock:

And this seems to be dragging out,...
I hope though it drags one more day, then I can take Friday off to go collect and make it a long weekend!

Aussie.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
G'day everyone,....

Well I need money fast!
I now own a Deuce.
;)

Oh yeah I knew what it would be as I got quotes first!
Even given a slight variance for the fluctuating exchange rate etc.
Came in very close to the quote.

Its just taking it out in a lump sum and paying everything at once, I am always putting funds IN, this was funds going in the wrong direction,...

Its a shock to the system.
:shock:

And this seems to be dragging out,...
I hope though it drags one more day, then I can take Friday off to go collect and make it a long weekend!

Aussie.

REMEMBER, we REALLY like PICTURES!! LOL!! Gotta see the reunion and even better, a short video!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks