• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Australia: Importing US MV's

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,....

Ok,...
Just got notified that my Deuce failed its quarantine inspection,...
:(

It now needs to be washed, however because of its size it can't be done at the docks,...
It has to go to a bonded depot that can handle its size.
The closest one just happens to be around the corner from where I work!

Once its been cleared by AQIS I can collect it from there.
:)

So hopefully I may get my hands on it at the end of the week, maybe.

Aussie.

Another Ahab

G'day everyone,....

Ok,...
Just got notified that my Deuce failed its quarantine inspection,...

It now needs to be washed, however because of its size it can't be done at the docks,...
It has to go to a bonded depot that can handle its size.

Aussie.
Tell them don't forget to get behind the ears. :mrgreen:

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,....

Well it looks like it will take them a couple of hours to clean it,....

And going by some of the pictures I was sent and what they want to remove to get behind and clean I can believe it.
That and the fact they can't do it until next week because the wash is fully booked until then anyway,...
Man this is dragging out,....
And another $1,000.00 down the wash-drain,...

Sigh,...

Aussie.

Last edited:

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,....

Yeah its just on the other side of the fence,...
Just out of reach!

Its like its being dangled in front of me but always just out of reach,....
Its a beurocratic game of 'keep-away'!

Oh well,.... until next week.
sigh,...

Aussie.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pics?? Ya got some PICS?!?!?!? Plans for when she's yours? First thing your gonna do with her? Got any pics of what caused the necessary washing? Thought it was already suppose to be spotlessly clean when she left and got onto the boat?!?!?

Another Ahab

Pics?? Ya got some PICS?!?!?!? Plans for when she's yours? First thing your gonna do with her? Got any pics of what caused the necessary washing? Thought it was already suppose to be spotlessly clean when she left and got onto the boat?!?!?
You bet:

- Pictures are ALWAYS good!

Even if it's just a shot of you nervously mopping your brow, anxiously awaiting delivery of the "baby"

german m1008

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Australia

They're looking for plant seeds and insects and such things, i think. Such a big vehicle is the one or other habitat.

Last edited:

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,.....

Well these are the pics sent to me showing why it needs washing and what they need to remove to get behind to clean,...

http://image.secon.com.au/ShowImages.aspx?Data=abb7a8d7-b9ce-40a8-9c74-b39639729a61

Aussie.

Last edited:

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,...

Just went and saw it for the first time in person.
In fact, first time I ever saw it and it wasn't a picture or vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChD80ACgnuk

The guy who dose the cleaning is going on leave this Thursday until next Tuesday.
If he dose'nt finish it by this wendsday, thats the next time AQIS can approve it, it will have to wait until the following week.

Aussie.

Last edited:

Another Ahab

G'day everyone,...

The guy who dose the cleaning is going on leave this Thursday until next Tuesday.
If he dose'nt finish it by this wendsday, thats the next time AQIS can approve it, it will have to wait until the following week.

Aussie.
Oh, Lordy, Aussie Bloke; it's like the whole world is conspiring to test your patience to its ABSOLUTE limit!

Be Strong!

daniel.jpg

Last edited:

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,...

Yeah I did offer to help clean it,....
But not allowed to help, its still bonded until cleared.

Also forgot to mention while I was there the guy was waiting for the repair guy to show up because it seems the pressure washer they have broke down.
Yup she is just that tough!

Aussie.

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,...

Ok,...

Today was the last day of work for me as I am now on annual leave.
While at work I dropped into the depot where my Deuce is to get an update.
It has been ready for AQIS to inspect since yesterday, they tried to get an appointment with AQIS to do the inspection today but AQIS rejected the appointment.
It IS booked to be inspected this coming Tuesday so if it pass's I will be sent the invoice for the cleaning wendsday and I can pay that and get the release order on the spot.
So I should be collecting it either Wendsday earliest or Thursday next week.

There go's another week!
sigh,..

Aussie.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Another Ahab, a week is next to eternity when you can actually see your deuce but just can NOT own it. (even though you have paid for it) LOLaua I really feel for Aussie Bloke. I remember how slowly the days ticked down before my first deuce recovery! ARGHHH! Yet, like many have stated, it arrived and she was mine! I hope she is all you wished her to be from the time you purchased till the time you acquired her. ENJOY!!! We are pulling for ya, Mate!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks