• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello folks I'm new here

locnlod

Howdy folks I'm new here and have just purchased a 1956 m135a came with a name of trooper great rig picked up my boys from school in it they are now the coolest kids in the school I would like to put a winch on it need pto linkages etc can anyone help me out.

Thanks

Attachments

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
1st post, welcome...!

Your in good company around here. If you need anything don't be afraid to ask Doghead, he is well informed.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard! Good group of troops here, TONS of information, and more help than you can shake a stick at!
God bless,
Tony:)

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Winch G749 trucks

1956 GMC M135, very nice. Here's another one......we'll need to compare vins and Birthdates. Mine came out on March 16, 1956.

I meet the MVPA tomorrow at noon in Edmonton and I'll ask about winch components.
You're welcome to come.

Check in your Private Messages Box for a contact number and location.

Stan on the Wet Coast made a recent purchase of a winch and parts and might have some direction. Seems to be a selection of suppliers down south by googling "G749 winch".

Dabtl is making mid-bearing bracket mounts.

The handle and cable, if trying to stay pure may be a challenge, but when failures not an option.........

Welcome, and we'll talk.

Attachments

Section8

Welcome to the site! Great guys on this site with loads of info.
Download the TM manuals for your truck they are a wealth of info and matenance info.
You can find them on Jatonka.com
Side note: M1010ployboy I think I have your trucks big brother! My delivery date is 13-03-56.

locnlod

already got trooper stuck in it right after it snowed I was driving through 3 feet of snow had to plow it out with my tractor to get out but once I get different tires on it it will go through 4 or 5 feet but a winch would help too think I found one just got to wait for the snow to go down to find it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks