• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gama Goat Safety

6x6pinz

Mike,
Next time you head up North to Colorado give me a call. I'll take ya for a ride in the Goat.
Mike
Fair warning, I am one of those guys that will take you up on something like this. Elizabeth is not all that far from Cold War Remarketing (place I get Pinz parts from) in Littleton.

Gamagoat1

Mike you'd be welcome!!!
Just watch your wallet and back at Cold War Remarketing.
It's not to far from here. We hear lots of grumbling from their customers.

6x6pinz

I have been a long time customer of Patrick's and he has treated me GREAT. I know that if you don't ask about prices before he can get a little out of control but that would be the consumers fault for not being informed. I have also seen the grumblings, but mainly from those in CO. I have to wonder if it is an issue with certain problem customers. He has even sent me prototype aftermarket parts to try out for just the cost of shipping. I don't know how you could beat that. I would like to say that the dealers I have dealt with when working on the M37 have been extremely helpful and more pleasant than that of the Pinz dealers (not that they are bad just not as willing to help).

Jericho

I think like anything every one has an opinion. I have driven goats since 1975, owned two for more than 10 years, drive them all summer, the most common complaints I hear are ,Safety, Maintenance, Operating cost. I admit its not a roll bar encrusted, safety bumper, air bag monster Volvo . But it was designed in the 50/60s and produced in small numbers, to work as a hard hauling , cost effective , Military truck . Cost was around 8 grand, YUP cost effective, Convoy speed, 35/45 mph yup , cruises nicely. Safety needed at convoy speed , not much! Reliable, as reliable as any 60s 70s production truck, engine is a runner, only has drive shafts bullet proof tranny and wheels after that, SIMPLE , NOT DIFFICULT to work on, I repeat NOT DIFFICULT, whiny baby techs who only worked easy to get to things M 35s would say it is, all I can say is that its a dream to work on compared to an F -4 phantom or a B 52 StratoFortress , Slow, how fast do you want to go, It cruises nice at 50 will do 63, ( mine really likes 47 mph, isn't really that loud until over 47 )corners well, even at speed flat and tight. Be warned, there is little notice to the driver when you go from stable in a turn to unstable, not very forgiving after you excede the threshold. If your lucky it will only scare you, and make you a wiser driver ., Brakes, PUSH HARD or harder, Nothing special to drive it, ALL the hype about the steering is baloney, consider its construction date, LOUD , you bet (so is my M -109A3 ) SCREAMS above 47 and when the super charger is running flat out at about 53 MPH , you really cant even HOLLER to the person in the other seat, That's what makes it FUN. Cost to operate, MIne has cost me very little in mandatory repairs , I tend to spend more on additional equipment and preventitve mait, Parts are there, ya just gotta look, then look some more, and at times wait and wait some more, then you will find 10 ( one just down the road)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks