• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers emails and site issues

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Being a creature of habit I always check my email as soon as I turn the crank on my steampunk laptop.

Two of the bogus emails hit the spam catcher and the coward one got into the regular mailbox....I didn't even open it.......just assumed it was a hack.....me assumption was confirmed as soon as I saw this thread.

My personal feeling is that hacking should be a capital crime and that execution should take place as soon as the verdict is rendered.

What we need is a cyber torpedo that could be sent back along the trail of the hacker that would melt down any equipment linked to the aholes computer.

Some people's kids.:roll::roll:

emr

It was obvious the first second for what it was, and nothing U could do about it, But I will say U did get back together in my eyes very very fast, and thanks for all U do... :driver:

TexasFJ

Nice recovery. As someone who deals with these pinheads on a regular basis I know how much of a PITA they can be. Were you lucky enough to obtain real source IP's? Any forensics?

3dAngus

Well, I guess I missed it today. Only thing. I noticed different is that I had a lot of spam today, and when I looked, most of it came from SS. I checkedto see if they were now on my blocked list and they were not, so I knew something was going on.

Nice recovery Andrew. Not sure how you guys identify the vulnerability so quickly, but those kinds of abilities are not easy to come by, so I'm really happy you're on the job. Impressive!

Lagers4myhead

No worries

And why would someone target SS anyways? Does olive drab = tyranny or oppression or something that I am not aware of? SS does oppress my wallet and time some but something has too. Thanks for letting us know and taking care of things!! These things happen.

197thhhc

All is well. Glad its working again. I was bummed at lunch when I couldn't get on. You handled it quick and clean. I got rid of my Guy Fawkes smiley face avitar also.

kastein

And why would someone target SS anyways? Does olive drab = tyranny or oppression or something that I am not aware of? SS does oppress my wallet and time some but something has too. Thanks for letting us know and taking care of things!! These things happen.
as I explained earlier in the thread, almost certainly an automated search tool they used found the vulnerable software and they just wrote the message and used it.

Varyag

I was more concerned about not being able to keep up on people's projects then being worried about some idiot sending me crappy e-mails he didn't even bother to spell check.

Again, like what everyone has said, great work getting it back up so fast.

onegmjack

Will take more than a couple emails and hacker to run me away.I don't think anyone should quit but the hacker.Great job getting the site back up.

seekhim1

WOW I just opened my emails and wow was I surprised.... But not surprised that the true cowards are the ones that hide behind "anonymous" they don't even have the guts to identify themselves......GOD BLESS THE USA and the men and women that fight to keep it that way. any way so much for the crowd that always want what they never earned....

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I recieved the email today my first thought was we have been hacked, and the group that did it has the dubious distinction of being the most prolific hackers of the year in the IT industry! I know this happens, its been my business for the last 27 yrs fighting against this for our customers, it doesnt happen very often BUT it does happen and I do understand that! Thank you for your quick response to the threat and trust your efforts are very much appreciated!!!
KK

acesneights1

wow, the funny thing is when I saw the email, I deleted it without even looking at it because the title looked fake and I am a tin foil hat kinda guy. It was obviously NSA...lol...
Seriously, I hope the authorities have been notified. Whoever did it needs to face the justice system. I would like just 5 mins with the perp...I'll need a shovel, crowbar lime and a bodybag.
Good Job PATracy.

edlizard

Another anonymous...

If it hasn't been mentioned already, this recent hack is far below the level of what the real anonymous does. They are so much beyond something this basic.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks