• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M715 Cummins First test drive!

spicergear

Is that a summit racing radiator in there? I know there was a PN for one that was a pretty good fit. I had one cooling my 427TD BBC with a 35 or 40,000GVW size oil cooler as well. FYI, I also found out, surprisingly that the M715 engine compartments don't breathe very well so air flow through the radiator can become an issue with a full engine compartment. I put a rear facing vent on the hood that worked great!!! Was worth 10-15* engine temp for me. Granted the BBC is a lot more engine bay filling than the inline Cummins, but just something to keep in mind. Oh, I also ran a high pitch mechanical fan so there would be less electrical stuff.

spicergear

Yep, that's the same radiator and same widening of the mount that I did. I'm guessing by the color that was an industrial Cummins or did you just 'industrialize' it via rattlecan? :)

defbob

I am use to the sound of a diesel. I have 4 Cummins 6BT's, 2 Cummins 4BT's, 1 Isuzu 4BD1T, and an LD-465 Multifuel. My Challengers and Cutlass are louder than my diesels.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Nice work on the swap! :beer: Nothing better than the first test drive.

I'm running the stock AMG TH400 (3L80) behind my 6BT, but have a guy in town that's going to build me a beastly 47RH. I'm going to stick an Atlas box behind it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks