• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

injection pump timing

mucekok

Just took delivery of duece #7 and am having some trouble getting it to run. this is supposedly a 1969 model, with the NA multifuel. was not getting fuel to the injectors, so i swapped the injection pump. timed pump according to some instructions i found in an old post, but truck is hard to start, usually needing a shot of fuel down the intake to bust off. once running, it runs at full throttle, blowing alot of unburned fuel out of exhaust. throttle mechanism is working freely, and the pump came off of a running engine. am thinking i may have stabbed pump 180 out. :?: any help would be greatly appreciated, or i may buy this truck a big for sale sign!!!

FreightTrain

Banned
The running wide open is cause you dumped fuel down the throat.Please don't do this.On a diesel the RPM is controled by the fuel delivery unlike a gasser with a throttle butterfly.I know on a IHC V8 diesel it will run at 180 out but will sound like hell and there will be NO power and lots of funky smoke But won't rev like you said.

Just to slightly highjack this thread,does anyone know how to Dynamically time a 465?Can the pump be adjusted left and right like my Fords?

FreightTrain

Banned
oh yea,Another reason NOT to dump fuel into a diesel like that is you can lock up the engine or throw a rod.Not sure what the CCs of the combustion chamber is when the piston is at TDC but also on my fords just a slight amount of liquid will cause catastrophic distruction of the engine since there is less than .030 clearance between the head and piston.

mucekok

i let truck run for about 5 mins at full throttle, was sure it was running wide open b/c of the fuel down the intake. however it never cleared up. almost hoped it would blow up so i would have a reason to give up on it...

Banshee365

If there is alot of black smoke I'd wander if there is oil leaking into the intake somewhere and/or somehow. I don't know the exact workings on the multifuel but I do know that you can have runaway multifuels iwth turbos if the seals in the turbo are bad and oil leaks into the intake. The truck runs off the oil obviously.

-Kelly

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks