• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I need to hitch a ride from Southern California to Northern California.

I have deal set up to trade my chopped Harley Davidson for a Deuce in Northern california. I was supposed to have rides set up through 3 different people who've all either flaked on me or keep putting me off. I need to haul the motorcycle and 2 people (the wife and I) from Yucaipa to Santa Rosa to drop off the bike and we'll be driving the truck back. As far as compensation goes, the truck comes with an extra set of 10 wheels (NDT 20s) and I'm ok with either handing over some of the extra wheels, or selling them and comping you cash for your time and fuel.

If anyone is taking a trip from So Cal to Nor Cal or Oregon/Washington and has room for 2 people and 1 motorcycle, please PM me and let me know.
:driver:

area52

If you have or can get a trailer for the bike, i could take you up this weekend. I have a Jeep Liberty with the diesel engine and can tow up to 5000 lbs but I don't have a trailer. I am off Friday til tuesday.
I am living in Loma Linda now, not New Mexico so I am just down the road from you.

Map says about 500 miles one way. I am on night shift now so I will be back on here tomorrow after noon.

Wade

RECOVERY SUCCESSFUL!!!!!
Thanks to area52 (Wade) for taking me, the wife, the puppy, the bike and driving us 580 miles up to Northern California to trade my chopper for the truck and trailer. The man is a true credit and example of the SS board's policy of helping out fellow SS members. Without his help and listening to my nervous and nicotine withdrawl induced babbling, God only knows how much longer I'd have to wait to go get my truck! I owe ya big time! (over and above your fuel bill for the trip) Thanks Brother!
[thumbzup] It was a long freakin drive back but as another member put it, I'm "learning to love the slow lane!". And she actually ran better with WMO, trans fluid, old but still in sealed bottles, 2 stroke oil, a half gallon of clear lamp oil, and a half-gallon of gasoline to thin the WMO and go through the strainer sock a little easier. I put 5 gallons of pump diesel in after about 80 miles after throwing in my fuel tank cocktail and she ran outstanding on that stuff. Better bottom end torque with the WMO and trans fluid mixture than it had on pure pump diesel. I'm loving the whole low-cost fuel options thing! [thumbzup]

What I just posted on my facebook status:

Brandy and I are home and Missy is out in the parking space. (Yes, the truck's name is Missy). After running out of fuel 3 miles from Gorman, walking half-mile down off the highway to get a 2 gallon can filled up. Made it to Gardena where my bro Dan Rose helped me get a whole bunch of stuff buttoned up on the truck including a loose exhaust stack and other assorted loose stuff that should be tight... and a bunch of stuff that should move easily and don't. Then after I tell him about all the different crap I can run my multifuel diesel on, Dan goes in his garage, and start's loading me down with all these different bottles including a half-gallon of used motor oil from his car, 4 1-quart bottles of new automatic transmission fluid, 2 1-quart bottles of 2-stroke oil, a half-gallon of clear lamp oil, and a half-gallon of gasoline. I cut patches about 8 inches square, and wrapped 1 around the snout of a funnel and zip tied it tight with the cloth hanging like a bag, then stuck the funnel in the tank and poured in the gasoline and the waste motor oil, then changed the strainer bag and poured in the rest of the conglomeration of fuels and oils, and wouldn't ya just freakin know it? She ran better than she did on pump diesel! LMAOrofl:driver:<---This was me on the way home! :grd:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks