• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Maine Rally 2012

Katahdin

I've got space for parking and camping in 04074 if mass drivers want to go roughly halfway the night before, of course I should probably clear that with my wife first...

Katahdin

I just cleared it with Mrs. Katahdin, anyone is welcome to layover over here in Scarborough on either leg of the trip. I'm thinking we can convoy to the rally Sat AM and head back Sun afternoon but I'm flexible.

The more the merrier. I'm on an old farm, there's plenty of room for parking and we can have camp fires if the FD is issuing permits. PM me if you're interested and I'll send you directions.

Towerguy1

The gate to the parkinglot will be open by 9 Saturday morning, If there is enough intrest in Friday night I might be able to work that out but contact me first.

If you are definately comeing, please let me know, eta and what equipment you are bringing. (auxillary equipment is encouraged for show)

Going to keep the dates the same June 16-17 Ive had several requests to move it but it generally means someone else cant attend. Sorry, I dont like to exclude anyone. Im takeing time off myself.....

Katahdin

My plan is to bring the 109A3. I gutted the van box interior earlier this spring so the inside walls and floor frame are exposed but the exterior is pretty close to its original paint color and markings.

I'm bringing the rest of my winch kit to work on while I'm up there, I have the PTO, shaft, linkages, and cable left to install. Thought maybe others would like to observe or 'supervise.' :)

Towerguy1

OK its almost time, and I have an unusualy large number of unable to attend notes in my mailbox...... So if you ARE comeing please let me know, It will be rain or shine. If there is not much interest I may need to cancel.

So Sound off, and lets see if we can keep this alive........

Katahdin

I'm still planning to come but I'm not tied to the date. If we need to postpone to accommodate other people's schedules I'm happy to take the time to fix holes in my 109 roof. I seem to be finding lots of leaks lately...

Danl

Danl M915A1

were is the Rally, The m915A1 is not ready as of yet, Would it be ok if wife and I grove up in Wife civy Jeep/ she would not take a four hour tripp in my Mv anyway, something about AC, to much noise. then she started in on fuel , I told her there was A fuel depot next door to tha rally, to many reasons why she would only go in the jeep. So can I still go I would like to meet some of you guys, can I bring a cooler . if wife drives jeep I can get to drink some beer. We have family in bangor so night sleep would be no problem, Were is the rally? and can I go with Jeep?

Katahdin

Dan, it'll be at the Maine Military store off 1A in Holden, just south of the Brewer 395/95 connector exit. Bring the jeep. I haven''t heard of any cooler restrictions, TowerGuy1 will need to respond to that, he's the organizer.

Danl

Danl M915A1

wow brewer that is closer maybe i can haul farm tractor on low bed one ton has AC will hit up tower guy

Towerguy1

Sorry for the delay, busy weekend. I was getting nervous that it was only going to be one or two. Starting to sound a bit better.

Drinking will be after store hours, in moderation of course, dont want to stir thing up to much.

I have seen several Military Cushmans, a couple in camo, one dressed out with canvas and winch like a cargo truck....

redman06

THANKS,Ihave a1990 3 wheel and looking at a 1963 model 751 open cab truckster us property real nice looks great just wonder what it is worth and what agency used this machine it have a great tag its a green machine no top truck very nice condition,cant find out much about these and how many was built

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks