• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-662 ford GTB burma jeep

M60A3tanker

Hello M60A3tanker here,

I just signed up today and i'am still figuring out the website.

i started collecting burma jeeps a couple of years ago, i never joined any clubs and
now i picked up 4 more burmas and want to restore a couple of them,
I'am looking for info on parts and for TM & FM manual's origionals or repros aswell.
hopefully we can get a burma jeep topic started,

Tanks, Jess

M60A3tanker

RE: Welcome

Tanks for the reply, i will get a few pic's of the burma jeeps up in the next few days, I'am not the greatest on a computer, other things i collect are early 1 row cotton pickers and tractors, old ford & mercury trucks, Yes mercury trucks,, and license plates, and last but not least about anything tank related.

Tanks Jess S.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Mercury trucks are cool - wish they made them in this country back in the day. Love to see some pics of the Burmas! Those are some interesting rigs.

M60A3tanker

Hay Mike , i think the merc trucks are cool myself,there a head turner with the right crowd, say how do you submit the picture next to your name? i have a M60 photo i want to put there. also the caption below the post is that what they call the signature??? Tanks, Jess

poppop

Welcome aboard Jess!!!! I also collect antique tractors, mostly John Deere, and am a cotton farmer. Do you have any JD pickers mounted on old two-cylinders? I have three of the first IH two rows, 2 416's and 1 414. They are wornout now and just taking up shelter space. We are running a four row 9960 now. I take it you are in farming country in Calf??

M60A3tanker

Hi Lloyd, good to hear from other tractor collectors, looks like you have a few low drum models. i use to use 2 IH 220A models, the 1 row's is a hobby- i have 11, 8 mounted on M's , 2 mounted on H's, and 1 mounted on a 200.
i am looking for a 1 row JD # 1 or a # 12, also a AC & other models.... my e mail is jsor58@sbcglobal.net

Tanks, Jess

M60A3tanker

Hello, say anybody out there know the TM & FM nomenclatures for the M-662 ford GTB (burma jeep) i know there must be at least several of them..... also looking for old pictures of them being used by the military..

Tanks, Jess

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Jess/Lloyd:
I am originally from the Greenville, MS area you should take a ride around the backroads in the Mississippi delta for old tractors. I haven't been out looking for several years but you could find old tractors, combinds and cotton pickers as well as MVs in the tree lines along the fields and creeks on a regular basis, I found an abondon M105 trailer this last summer, had a flat and they just left it where it was in a tree line.
James G.

M60A3tanker

I've heard a lot about the mississippi delta and would like to check it out, someday i want to see the hobsen plantation, being i collect a few different things i never know what i am going to drag in,

Tanks, Jess

M60A3tanker

Does anybody know if any other speedometers will interchange with the burma jeep?? they were made by waltham & went to 60 MPH.....

Tanks, Jess

Timespanr

M-662

M-662 ford GTB burma Jeep

to provide some clearity here on the subject
If it is OD Olive Drab in Color, and fresh out the factory for get it
it could be ones choice. The USN had the contract & the product paint color was OD.
But, if it is in use, and marked, the following would apply
GTB SNL # G-622 Cargo USAAF OD used in bomb dump
GTB SNL # G-622 Cargo USMC OD used in bomb dump
GTBA SNL # G-622 Cargo USN OD or Blue-Gray
GTBB SNL # G-622 Wrecker USN OD or Blue-Gray (50 Built)
GTBC SNL # G-622 Bomb Svc USN Dual Rear Wheels OD or Blue-Gray
GTBS SNL # G-622 Bomb Svc USN Single Rear Wheels OD or Blue-Gray

Sorry I dont see any "M-662" associated

Timespanr

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks