• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV seatbelt kit templates and adhesive info

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hi All,

I picked up a 3-point seat belt kit for my M998, but it didn't include the templates that are used to drill the holes in the body for all of the braces and brackets. Has anyone installed the belts without using the templates? It would seem that you could hold the brackets and braces in place and use them as the templates to drill the rivet and bolt holes, but maybe that's not accurate enough. Thanks for any tips.

Chris

jwaller

I installed the 3 point upgrade in mine, front and rear and didn't have any of the templates. it's not bad at all and if you have the MWO then you can figure out where they go.

The fronts can only go in 1 place, the rears you can move them around a little but not much.

I didn't bother with the glue either I just did rivets.

indy4x4fab

Banned
If you guys need any more of those three point seat belts for the humvee drop me a line. I have a few sets ling around that I'm not going to be using now.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I installed the 3 point upgrade in mine, front and rear and didn't have any of the templates. it's not bad at all and if you have the MWO then you can figure out where they go.

The fronts can only go in 1 place, the rears you can move them around a little but not much.

I didn't bother with the glue either I just did rivets.
Thanks John. That's what I figured after reading through the MWO. I found the 2-part adhesive through my local NAPA. I am going to use it since I will have my kids' seats buckled in with the belts. Can't be too careful with them.

Stonewall

Did anyone come up with a template for locating the rear bracket? I have the tech manuals, and I used to have a 4-man, so I know really close where the bracket goes, but I would like it exact.

Crapgame

Hey guys. I can’t seem to get the attachments to come up. Just got my belts in. And trying to get her figured out.
Link to the actual 3pt Seatbelt MWO here; adhesive is listed above, as well as the photos of landmarks for bracket placement:
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]imfmotorpool.com/074681.PDF
[/FONT]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks